Command to change Propick search radius not working?

Sendai-Kai
Go to solution Solved by BenLi,

Hello, this is my first forum post. So i apologize if this was answered but i cant seem to find anyone with a similar issue. 

Im obviously pretty new and didnt realize what node search was for the propick. I've been trying to use the /worldconfig commands to edit my world to let me use it. But no matter what i do it dosent seem to work. I have followed the wiki, i have tried making the number a decimal like the warning dialogue gives and now tried writing it as 6 blocks like shown in the overlay for the world. 

Is there any specific way to make this command work? I dont really want to restart my world because i'm playing with a friend and we're in the bronze age. So a bit too much progress to restart lol. 

Thank you for the help! 

• /worldConfig propickNodeSearchRadius [0-12]
    If above zero, a second prospecting mode will be enabled that allows for exact searches at the defined radius (default: 0)

Once this command runs successfully - restart the server SW:

Stop the server, then start the server.

Not start a new world from scratch, but make sure the server program (either dedicated server or the server built in into the client SW) restarts and reads the new settings of the command above.

• 5 months later...

I don't know if its a good idea to join a solved question but i got the same issue. Just without the solution working. I tried several times to change it to 0, reset and then anything else 2/4/6/8/12 node search never appeared in the tool modes. I have no idea what else i can do. Chat even told me everytime value changed to x. It just never works after the reset.

Edited by Rai'jin

What exactly is the command you are entering?

Commands must be written exactly right, including capitalizing only the correct letters, and the system does not always provide an error message if the supplied value is invalid. A common mistake is for people to include the [square brackets] in the value they're supplying. This is wrong; the brackets in the documentation indicate that there is a range of possible values to choose from. But ingame you should provide the value without brackets.

Well duck me i already wrote an answer and thought i'd give it an additional try and heureka

/wc propickNodeSearchRadius 6 worked now. As it seem you actually have to write it with the actual right capitals. 

Tbh thats pretty bs since it still gives you a positive response if you write it without any capital but well.

I believe i tried it with "Propick" last time so probably didn't work because of that

For anyone to come with the same problem.: mind the damn Capital Letters !!

Edited by Rai'jin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.