Any use for flint other than knapping tools?

FortMark

Just looking at the .json, wolf spawns are created at worldgen under certain conditions involving temperature, rain & forest density. They spawn in air and tallgrass. If they do stop spawning after replacing forest floor, then it must be the change in dirt (maybe it no longer grows long grass?). Although it is my understanding that dirt will eventually become forest floor when it is placed in the forest... so I dunno. Turning into forest floor may possibly be conditional to soil type too. I can't recall which soil fertility drops from breaking forest floor.

eta: So it would be interesting to see if BenLi's observations hold true with BOTH low fertility and medium fertility soil as the replacement medium.

Edited by dakko

2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

The forest density is curious.  Seems like deforesting the area around the spawn point will kill wolf spawns; which is my experience in 1.17.

Same. I used to just burn off territory, and would find wolf carcasses in the burned out area, and never encountered wolves there later. Though I rarely play more than a little into spring 2, so maybe their spawn percentage had not yet come up? 

I planted my permanent home near a forest and the first winter and following spring had constant canine visitors migrating to me.  During the second summer I deforested the area to convert to charcoal and make resin harvesting easier.  Now starting the third year (just turned May) and I haven't had a wolf visitation in a year or so.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.