Map seeds

Pamela

You have opened a Pandora box here.

Not getting any snow - it is about to get to latitudes below 30 ("/wgen pos latitude" command).

Usually 1 degree is ~1k blocks for default worlds. As in real Earth one degree is ~110km.

So if your spawn is at 45deg(temperate), and the world size/distances have default values - it takes ~15k blocks to pass 15 degrees from altitude 45deg to latitude 30deg not to have snow.

15k blocks trip is long enough to encounter slate on the way :)

• Like 1

Just got around to starting this seed last night. Lots of rough terrain to the south, so end of first day I ended up probably 5000 tiles SE of spawn (not sure -- dead reckoning), but managed 3 (!) linen sacks, 62 copper nuggets, 2 deposits of terra preta, 5-6 resin, 3 marked as they are close enough to bother with if I set up here, which I might because shortly before nightfall, encountered a large wild hive. Nice open medium fertility scrubs (so probably more TP), lots of ponds with reeds, at least 2 clay, one peat, forests visible on most horizons, to the SE might be chalk or limestone mountains, hard to tell, but I can hope. ;) Only thing not to your liking is this particular spot is shale, but, again, a known slate area is less than a day's run to the NW.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.