Being able to restore temporal stability by sleeping

Ruyeex

What do you mean what if?  I had that happen in my last play session.  You do what everyone else does.  Cope with it and move on.

The description of this game makes it clear - an uncompromising survival game.  It isn't easy.  There are going to be challenges to overcome and some of those difficulties the game will force upon you.  Thems the breaks and I wouldn't have it any other way as those difficulties and challenges are a lot of fun to overcome!

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Wolf Bait 1

1 hour ago, Ruyeex said:

What if a rift started to appear in the middle of nowhere in houses?

There is an exclusion zone around the player where no rifts can spawn, just like no creatures can spawn within a certain number of blocks of you.

If your house is large enough, you may still get a rift in one part while you're in another, but only if there are some areas that are not well lit. And it will not be near enough to you to affect your stability while you sleep.

Additionally, the coming 1.18 update will add a thingamabob that players can build to block rift spawning in an area.

Edited by Streetwind

22 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

What do you mean what if?  I had that happen in my last play session.  You do what everyone else does.  Cope with it and move on.

The description of this game makes it clear - an uncompromising survival game.  It isn't easy.  There are going to be challenges to overcome and some of those difficulties the game will force upon you.  Thems the breaks and I wouldn't have it any other way as those difficulties and challenges are a lot of fun to overcome!

Not to mention that when you die you will keep all the temporal instability.

If you don't have a base it's game over.

Edited by Ruyeex

Or what if...
Your stability goes down slowly no matter where you are (certain areas still makes your stability drop slower of faster). Sleeping will restore your stability. Add some tiered beds, restore more stability the better of a bed you're sleeping in. This would kinda simulate our natural need for sleep (but unnatural here). Then there could be another thingamabob that stabilizes an area, not making your TS go up, but at least stopping it from dropping any futher.

Of course features fundamental to the game experience like these should be optional. So maybe a setting "No stable areas ON/OFF".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.