Problems with mods after release 1.18

Jackal Black

HI,
I would like to know if anyone can tell me which file within the game I can consult to see the game reports.
With the release of 1.18 I decided to create a new world, I added mods to let's say give an extra incentive to start from scratch.

the mods in question were:
- Allaoy calculator (I'm not good at math i'm sorry)
- Auto Map Markers
- Batter Ruin
- Cermaos
- HUd Clock
- Ancient dungeons
- Prospector Info
- WorckBanch Expansion (I love chiseling but with this I greatly reduce the times on repetitive things)
- Blood

Now, let's make a premise, I play single player, and before the release I already played with all these mods except BatterRuin and Ancient Dungeon. and the game ran smoothly.
So I generate the first world, everything seems to work until just for testing, I starve my character... the result is an instant death on the spot, the character hasn't even had time to make a sound, I click on the Respawn button and the character respawns with half health, but still 0 hunger. the result was an unmanageable loop of deaths.

I immediately think it's the mods fault so I deleted them all, with the exception of the Ruin batter and the Ancient Dungeon and the prospector info.
Now it seems like the character is starving with his usual regularity, however I have constant crashes of the game, often while doing any action, like breaking some dirt, grass or talking to a merchant. Especially when I interact with them!
I'm well aware that some mods weren't updated for 1.18, but seeing that both the Batter Ruin and the Dungeon impacted the game I prefer to put them in a new world started from scratch than from one already started.

Can anyone help me where I can find the file with all the logs?

Thank you

Just so that you know...

BetterRuins just got updated within the past hour, and is said to fix some sort of crash.

Ancient Dungeons will be updated this weekend.

I'm sure someone else will come along that knows the answer to your question. Best wishes! [eta: look at that! Posted at the same time as the answer. :)]

Edited by dakko
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 8:56 PM, Streetwind said:

The default location for the game's logfiles under Windows is: %appdata%\vintagestorydata\logs

HI,

thank you very much for your info , which came in really useful as I understood which mods were going to give me problems and unfortunately I went to remove them, I hope they release their own update and that the author hasn't abandoned them :)

On 4/22/2023 at 8:57 PM, dakko said:

Just so that you know...

BetterRuins just got updated within the past hour, and is said to fix some sort of crash.

Ancient Dungeons will be updated this weekend.

I'm sure someone else will come along that knows the answer to your question. Best wishes! [eta: look at that! Posted at the same time as the answer. :)]

Thank you for answering and for the info you gave me, you were very kind :)
I hope that all the mods listed by me are updated especially the ProspectorInfo which is very useful for me :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jackal Black said:

I hope that all the mods listed by me are updated especially the ProspectorInfo which is very useful for me :D

I've been watching Hypi's youtube series ("Hypnotique AKA Hypi" channel) of 1.18.0 and she has been using ProspectorInfo successfully. If it is broken for 1.18.1, I bet it won't be broken for long as it seems pretty popular. I'll have to give it a try!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dakko said:

Ho guardato la serie YouTube di Hypi (canale "Hypnotique AKA Hypi") della 1.18.0 e lei ha utilizzato ProspectorInfo con successo. Se è rotto per 1.18.1, scommetto che non sarà rotto a lungo perché sembra piuttosto popolare. Dovrò fare un tentativo!

Yes, I saw on Github that they are working on an update, also because now if you run the .pi showgui command to get the interface on the map, the game crashes abnormally. So I hope you release soon. For now I'm keeping it off as I'm at the beginning, between bears, wolves and a spawn in the middle of a low-time level area, so I don't think I'll be prosctare for a while :D

No really .... too many bears ç_ç 5 in a single chunck ... are we kidding? ç_ç

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.