cupronickel...

Cranching

[comment no longer relevant, 1.18.3 update lowered nickel's melting point, can make cupronickel with coke fuel.]

Crucible help says crucible will make cupronickel when copper & nickel nuggets are added in the right proportions, but then, the nickel melting point is too high for any fuel.... I think. 

Bloomery help won't take copper and nickel nuggets...I think. 

So are we making cupronickel in a (steel) cementation furnace? I don't have one yet.

Edited by Cranching

I haven't tested the theory, but as cupronickel doesn't tell you where to make it, only the ratio, and has no smelting temp associated with it I suspect we aren't currently able to make it. Potentially, we will be able to make it when the new smelting station which people found incomplete in the game files is made, though if someone else has more info about both cupronickel or the new smeltery I'd gladly eat my words. 

• 2 weeks later...

Asked on Discord and someone told me there is a new 1.18-content related item/device that lets you make the cupronickel, but I haven't been able to confirm it myself yet since I haven't begun to find the Resonance Archive (BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND THE CURSED TREASURE HUNTER TRADER).

So it could just be a rumor/misinformation.

19 hours ago, Khornet said:

Asked on Discord and someone told me there is a new 1.18-content related item/device that lets you make the cupronickel, but I haven't been able to confirm it myself yet since I haven't begun to find the Resonance Archive (BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND THE CURSED TREASURE HUNTER TRADER).

Have searched the new dungeon, me and a friend scraped through it completely and couldnt find anything that would allow for alloying of cupronickel.

Have just scoured through the Archives myself and yeah, it seems the only new toy we get from it is the glider.

So I suspect that, indeed, cupronickel is a "to be added" feature, probably the same way we're going to smelt steel bits or make higher-tier steel alloys.

Which is an awful shame, because I wanted to play with all the other toys that are in the handbook. And the only way to do that is, well, cheating with creative mode.

7 hours ago, Khornet said:

Which is an awful shame, because I wanted to play with all the other toys that are in the handbook. And the only way to do that is, well, cheating with creative mode.

You can still try them out in sandbox to see how they work, it is unfortunate that they are fully functioning but unobtainable, because their animations are pretty cool, especially the base return teleporter.

I find loose surface tin maybe 1 in 20 games in Survival. I think in Wilderness there's no surface tin. Probably a good third of the time, the tin for my tin-bronze anvil comes almost exclusively from cracked vessels. I actually iron more often with bismuth bronze for the anvil and black bronze for the pick, never having found any tin.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.