Never heard of this game until now

Chisco

So I just randomly opened humblebundle which i never do, and saw the game there. Looked into it abit and the game looks great so I have made a purchase and will play it soon.

But is there no marketing on this game? Its not on steam either. None of my friends had heard of this game either

Anyway I look forward to playing :)

• Like 1

Well, the game gets elaborate feature trailers posted on youtube every two to three updates. That's a form of marketing, right? :)

It also sells well enough nowadays that the main developer can afford to focus on it full time without needing another job. In that sense, given that there is so much left on the roadmap to implement, there isn't that much impetus to do additional marketing beyond what word of mouth and such already does.

The fact that it's not on Steam is intentional, by the way - check the FAQ for the reason. But if you like to use Steam to manage your game collection, you can use the "Add a non-Steam game to my library" option to make your local Vintage Story install show up in your Steam library.

I got caught, because an Italian content creator talked about it (unfortunately not well) on YouTube, since he usually brings content about Minecraft and obviously, just making comparisons with that, it seemed to me too biased a review besides the fact that it wasn't even went over the first night and couldn't even get a fire going and it was left in the dark.
But seeing what little it showed instead of repudiating the game I felt intrigued and bought it. Minecraft hasn't inspired me for a long time, needless to say I dropped the one for this and I love Vintage ❤️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jackal Black said:

I got caught, because an Italian content creator talked about it (unfortunately not well) on YouTube, since he usually brings content about Minecraft and obviously, just making comparisons with that, it seemed to me too biased a review besides the fact that it wasn't even went over the first night and couldn't even get a fire going and it was left in the dark.
But seeing what little it showed instead of repudiating the game I felt intrigued and bought it. Minecraft hasn't inspired me for a long time, needless to say I dropped the one for this and I love Vintage ❤️

I found it pretty easy to get a fire going though, lol - no idea what that youtuber was upto then

• Like 2

Whether you've heard of it before or not, welcome. You will eventually love this game over MC (mainly because the devs actually care, and uphold their promises).
Vintage story is one of the best, if not the best survival games I've ever played. 
The best part about vintage story, is that it's not even finished. Meaning that despite what it lacks compared to MC (minecarts, 'redstone', bosses, etc...) it makes up in community, developer trust, and superior gameplay. 
Vintage Story will one day be in all fronts superior to MC, and that in itself is one of the best feelings ever.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Lord Kane said:

Whether you've heard of it before or not, welcome. You will eventually love this game over MC (mainly because the devs actually care, and uphold their promises).
Vintage story is one of the best, if not the best survival games I've ever played. 
The best part about vintage story, is that it's not even finished. Meaning that despite what it lacks compared to MC (minecarts, 'redstone', bosses, etc...) it makes up in community, developer trust, and superior gameplay. 
Vintage Story will one day be in all fronts superior to MC, and that in itself is one of the best feelings ever.

minecraft devs care too and iv been on minecraft since its first beta relese

majority of minecraft development was also mostly 1-5 guys till microsoft bought it

i personally would not call this game superior , as minecraft flat-out wipes floor on some mechanics (like different dimensions , biomes , ocean having purpose and many more, amount of mods)

problem with minecraft is game is old , and for devs its hard to "add new monsters , items and other things" due how big game have become , and also they have to take all balance into account , mostly also becouse how many mods game has as most moders run on older version anyway due new updates would break a lot mods.

I like VS because its different , more focus on "classical survival" who is hammered by seasons , weather , food as well everything taking "more time" so needs more planning , i also alweys wished minecraft had "climate based on position" and "seasons" and this is a feature who kind of sells VS to me as i don't think even mods ever touched these 2 mechanics in MC

i also like how lots items are more immersive and there is more interaction rather then "craft things in bench or shove stuff in furnace" , blacksmithing and cooking are just amazing

they are different games who have different goals in mind , comparing them is unfair , and even if so minecraft wins in most categories

Its not even best survival game i played as project zomboid , and long dark pretty much are "perfect survival games" , but its great game and I'm enjoying my time with it very much

VS has a lot potential , terraria had too when was released and was such small "fun game" and grown to be most popular game on steam , minecraft did too , i wish this game and devs that this game also grows with time:)

Edited by Varenvel
fixing typos
  • Like 1
  • Wolf Bait 1
  • Sad 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.