Random Land claim in Single Player game?

immersiveSinner

Searching for this all I find is the wiki entries on server console commands.

I just fixed my first translocator and walked through it.  I'm quite deep under the ground, deeper than I have been so far (deep drifters spawn there)

and everywhere on the other side of the portal is protected by a land claim.  I can't break any of the junk in the other teleporter room.  The cave branches in 2 directions. One leads to a dead end, the other to a really deep pit full of saltpeter, the first time I've run into it, but no matter how far away from the 2nd translocator i go. it keeps saying that all the blocks are protected by a higher power.  I'm a bit confused as I thought this could only happen if another player had a land claim, or if you were trying to mess with the traders.

Is there some narrative reason that this "higher power" would stop you from harvesting blocks, or placing them, in some random cave with no other players on your map or traders nearby? Or is it that there's a trader on the surface direclty above me some 150 blocks up? It's confusing.

I'm not sure if a trader's land claim actually states being protected by "a higher power".

I know a location that definitely does this, though. The Resonance Archive, a unique storyline dungeon.

There's only one of these generating in any given world, usually around 6k to 8k away from world spawn, and it's about six by six chunks in size. It would be absolutely hilarious if you took a random translocator and ended up in one of the protected chunks. 😄 The claims don't even extend all the way to the surface, they're only in the direct vicinity of the structure. Have you ever considered playing the lottery?

Edited by Streetwind
  • Like 1

Well with the blocks protected the way they are.. I dont know how you'd get to this spot unless you went even deeper then came back up to a dead end.  It also makes exploring scary because I dont think I can place any ladders or carve out steps.   Maybe I"ll try and if I get stranded I'll just creative mode my way back out.  But it's a weird thing.

Consequently I HAVE been considering buying a lottery ticket lol.  woudlnt' that be nice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.