How to change your spawn location?

Komissar-bAv
Go to solution Solved by Thorfinn,

Hello, I am new to the game, I have just picked it up over the weekend.

I am having difficulty with the start of the game, continuously starving to death because all I can find are sparse bushes of cranberries.
My spawn location is in the middle of some steep mountains with nothing but the occasional patch of birch leaves, and it takes me a bit of time to walk/climb any way I can, just to get to a mildly more manageable plains area. I have attempted to set up a shack with a bed, that has a handful of different trees as well as some clay nearby- but the inevitable starvation leads me back to square one.

Thankfully I have keep inventory enabled, but it means little because I almost end up starving again once I get back to my house, and that's if I don't get jumped by wolves on the way back. Then I end up back in the mountains, either atop a peak or down in a narrow, cramped ravine.

I have spoken to a friend of a friend who has been playing for longer, and I have been told I need a rare item to change my spawn location, but it only lasts for ten deaths.

What kind of game design is this? I can understand how something like that can be useful as a temporary respawn for long-distance trips, but not for actual permanent home-bases?

Included is my map- my spawn point is the pink star all the way to the south, and the most suitable living space is the green house all the way to the north. It takes me between five and ten minutes to get back home, depending on where I end up respawning.

I am really hoping there is a decent way to fix this issue, legitimate or not. This might as well be game-breaking for me and I don't know how much longer my patience will last.

2023-09-10_20-25-40.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

I've never used it, though a few of the guys at my work swear by BedRespawnner. It does as you would expect -- whenever you sleep, it resets your spawn to that spot. Won't help wrt starving, but at least you don't have to run home to... whatever it is you are running home to.

Thanks for the mod link! Already a life-saver, or rather a time-saver.

You can also use the command

/serverconfig setspawnhere

to set the world spawnpoint at your location.

For the rare item that sets your spawn temporarily, it depends on what settings you used when creating your world. You can set it to infinite. The default for Standard is 20 times, Exploration is infinite, and Wilderness Survival is 3 times.

If you want to change that, you can use the command

/worldconfig temporalGearRespawnUses -1

That will make it infinite. You can replace the -1 with a positive number if you just want more respawns than 20.

Hope that helps!

13 hours ago, Kiena said:

You can also use the command

/serverconfig setspawnhere

to set the world spawnpoint at your location.

For the rare item that sets your spawn temporarily, it depends on what settings you used when creating your world. You can set it to infinite. The default for Standard is 20 times, Exploration is infinite, and Wilderness Survival is 3 times.

If you want to change that, you can use the command

/worldconfig temporalGearRespawnUses -1

That will make it infinite. You can replace the -1 with a positive number if you just want more respawns than 20.

Hope that helps!

This is also useful, thanks.
I haven't found any temporal gears so far, so this will be an alternative when I finally acquire one, and I won't have to rely on the bed mod anymore, hopefully.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.