Carry On Mod

Benjamin Bishop
Go to solution Solved by Rhyagelle,

You mean it doesn't work in the latest pre-release, or in the versions supported? I thought it was working in 18 and the releases of 19 a month ago or so, though admittedly, I only use it to move filled containers, not for extra inventory space. I figured the backpacks and such were the packs you wore on your back, and you would have a hard time wearing 4 of them at a time, let alone strapping a trunk over the top of them.

On 12/21/2023 at 10:01 AM, Benjamin Bishop said:

Rhyagelle, Can you give me some more help. I downloaded the link provided and made sure it was in the correct folder and highlighted in the mod menu but I still cannot pick up a chest. Do I also need another CarryOn file that is used in the mod menu. Thanks

You need to have both your off hand and one hotbar slot empty to do it. When both are empty, shift click the chest and a progress circle bar shows up on the center of your screen. Let it fill up and you will pick the chest up. To put it on your back, shift and aim up (not at another block) and click again, and it'll put it on your back. To get it off your back, you will need to empty your off-hand and 1 hotbar again and then shift + click to take it off.

EDIT fixed name

Edited by Rhyagelle

Thanks, but when I shift click with empty hands nothing happens. I have used this mod for over a year. I'm thinking the setup of the mod must be the problem. The file you linked is very small compared to the mod itself. Do I need to have another Carryon mod installed. I really enjoy this mod but can't figure this out. Thanks for your help.

I'm sorry for the confusion earlier, I just realized I was mixing up the names whilst providing the correct mod links, my mad! I was using the original for so long it's stuck in my head! lmao I went back and corrected, so it is easier to understand.

To be clear:

You want the one by NerdScurvy. You should only have one mod for it. This one here (https://mods.vintagestory.at/download?fileid=17049) if you are on the latest version of the game, which the mod file version for is "v1.7.0-pre.3". You should not have both CarryOn and CarryCapacity installed at the same time, just the one that's being updated.

Edited by Rhyagelle

On 12/22/2023 at 10:17 AM, Rhyagelle said:

To be clear:

You want the one by NerdScurvy. You should only have one mod for it. This one here (https://mods.vintagestory.at/download?fileid=17049) You should not have both CarryOn and CarryCapacity installed at the same time, just the one that's being updated.

initially i thought one had a dependency on the other, so needed both.  no doubts now, thx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.