Lanterns should be equippable at the cost of an inventory slot.

Acanthos

I would say it would be a nice alternative to using the lantern off-hand, but i think it would need to have a down-side than using off-hand.

I can't really think of a down-side, so might be better off not implementing this. I feel like it is too OP without a down-side to it.

53 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

I think the implied downside here is that by using a backpack slot, you're reducing your inventory size.

Ah yeah.

• For players playing with seasns, its a decent addition.
  • For players playing without seasons, they wouldn't need really need warmer clothes, so its kind of a buff.

With that in mind, i actually wouldn't mind this kind of feature, but only when seasons are enabled.

21 hours ago, Kriss said:

Ah yeah.

• For players playing with seasns, its a decent addition.
  • For players playing without seasons, they wouldn't need really need warmer clothes, so its kind of a buff.

With that in mind, i actually wouldn't mind this kind of feature, but only when seasons are enabled.

Uhhh...  your comment makes no sense.  Backpacks have nothing to do with clothing slots and the loss of inventory space would have equal impact for those playing with or without seasons, in cold climate or hot climates, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Uhhh...  your comment makes no sense.  Backpacks have nothing to do with clothing slots and the loss of inventory space would have equal impact for those playing with or without seasons, in cold climate or hot climates, etc.

OOh, yeah i can see what is meant here now. I guess i got a bit lost in translation, my bad.

A backpack slot wouldn't be too bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

You could have a lantern attachment that you craft to combine with a lantern, and wear it. It can count as backpack space with a lantern hanging above you.

You equip it into a backpack slot, but it gives less inventory slots than a typical one. Travellers have many ways of having a working lantern hanging off their backpack or mounted on the backpack itself.

Edited by Dra6o0n
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.