Can the hoe be allowed to weed tilled dirt?

idiomcritter

Right now I'm using an axe to quickly remove grass and horsetail sprouts on the tilled farm land.  The axe has a speed bonus (mining speed - plants) that makes quick work of the process.

Can the hoe also benefit from a similar speed bonus?  

It just seems natural that a hoe would be well suited to do such a task :)

(a quick scan of suggestions shows the hoe has been a topic of enhancement, just making a more simpler request here)

5 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

I believe the scythe can be used to do the same without harvesting immature plants.  Been a while since I've done this, so I could be wrong.

good thinking! since the scythe attempts to cover a 2x3 area at a time, that action could be considered a built-in multiplier.  

Usually though, I'm weeding rogue sprouted grass and horsetail that is more sparsely disbursed across the tilled soil/field (poorly lending itself to the action of scything).  The hoe would kind of be a better tool to individually weed those bocks with quickness (much like the axe is currently doing, just the axe seems so odd for weeding, while affecting the axe durability idk)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.