[rant] There's waaaaaay too little flat build land.

Yozo

I started a new game but pit the month cycle to 30, thinking I'd have more than enough time to gther lots f grain to prepare for winter. But grain ALSO  grows slower. Ok.

New game. 12 days cycle. /gm 2 and fly around to find a ,ice spot and build the mud hut I had earlier to continue where I left off. It's all extremely mountanous or just hilly/hole-y, or watery. I just need a square thing of 1000 blocks to build comfortably...

I can't find it lol. I'm 20k blocks away from spawn now. Well, I did find it and I started building and then I saw the area is UNSTABLE! God...

/end rant

True, 1000 block flat squares (about 30x30) are pretty lean outside of sand or gravel, but a bunch of flat, buildable ~200 block rectangles on different levels summing to way over 5000 blocks? They are all over the place. Elevation changes makes the build more visually interesting anyway.

If that's all that bothers you, just fire up worldedit and chop off a mountain near your spawn. You still get all the interesting worldbuilding to explore.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 3:48 AM, Yozo said:

I just need a square thing of 1000 blocks to build comfortably...

That's sadly a pretty big ask to be randomly generated with default settings, why not look for fields/deserts and get to terraforming? Sounds like cutting the top of a hill off with a shovel is all you need.

As others have said though, landform scale (Maybe ~150%) should make the plains wider and therefore the open areas should be bigger too (That will also make mountains, lakes, etc, larger as well), and reducing upheaval should make less hills and mountains pop up.

Edited by lil
forgot to mention its only rare on default settings
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.