Small animal spawn rate

Przemo7712
Go to solution Solved by Thorfinn,

• Solution

Depends on what you mean by a small rate. In the games I play, there aren't all that many. There are probably 4-5 wolf packs for every group of domesticable animals. Even rabbits and coons seem way down. In fact, I'm not sure I've run into any berries dropped by coons, and that used to happen all the time. I wouldn't swear I've seen any chickens at all in the latest version. Nor have I come across many (any?) animals killed, other than by apparent landslides and falls. Come to think of it, in my current single player world (near the end of June at the moment), I think I've only encountered a couple bears, maybe a dozen wolves, 3-4 pigs, a few foxes, probably 200 drifters, and a handful of locusts.

It seems to be much harder to get your protein bar up than in the past.

Don't know if that's just bad luck, or rebalancing spawn rates, or maybe redoing biomes?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I wonder if maybe it wasn't a reaction to all those who were complaining about the number of bears and wolves?

I think it's just luck, as per usual, just started a LAN multiplayer world a few days ago and we've been swamped with boars and wolves, bears wandering over every 3ish days. Only things we can't find easily are chicken and bighorns, even the new moose are showing up with some goats. Raccoons and rabbits seem to not be as readily walking over to us and our berries, but they're certainly still everywhere as well.

Living just a bit south towards equator of the default temperate starting climate.

In my case, I've heard coons, so I'm pretty sure they are out there somewhere, but I've not seen one, and I've been paying attention since my last post. Rabbits are no longer clustering around my farm, for whatever reason. Possibly to nerf the standard rabbit trap? More than one anywhere nearby is odd. Foxes are about normal, bears are way down, wolves might be a tad high, domestic animals maybe a little low?

On the other hand, there are a whole lot more moose in 1.19...

Edited by Thorfinn

Started in 1.19.3 stable.  I gots ALL the aminals.  Killed a half dozen moose, seen caribou, deer and a couple of goats in addition to 2 bears, over a dozen wolves and swarms of rabbits, fox, trash pandas and other small aminals.  Got only 1 big horn sheep but no ewe so I think she died in a cliff climbing accident and wondering if there was a marital tiff just before the female went cliff diving.  But that's speculation based on the skeleton at the base of the hole in the area the ram came from.  That might be a lot of circumstantial evidence, but that's the story I'm sticking with officer.  BTW sir, I've locked up the ram until further notice.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.