Fishing and Chef Class

Firstborn

Would really like to see a fishing mechanic added to the game. I am new to the game but was surprised not to see one already.
Also a surprise was the Tailor class yet no class that gives you buffs to your hunger drain rate and extra or exclusive food recipes.
What do you folks think?

• Like 1

Give the mod "Primitive Survival" a rip, it adds some passive methods that are pretty nice and well thought out. It does change the feel of the game a lot because it adds a whole bunch of stuff, however it's fairly easy to configure and customize.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There used to be an actual pole fishing mod, too. No idea if it's been updated. I last tried it in 1.14, maybe 1.15, I think?

Cooking perks would be nice, I guess. I ignore class (press Esc every time I load the game), but for those who like classes, it's probably a good idea.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

There used to be an actual pole fishing mod, too. No idea if it's been updated. I last tried it in 1.14, maybe 1.15, I think?

Cooking perks would be nice, I guess. I ignore class (press Esc every time I load the game), but for those who like classes, it's probably a good idea.

I think its the Fishing expansion mod in which the most recent version its in is a nice 1.18.6

• Like 2

Maybe. Pretty sure the one I was thinking of went obsolete before Cats because my daughter commented on wishing she could feed her cat fish.

In any event, the number of downloads is highly suggestive that it is a feature that lots of people want. Rebalanced, probably. My complaint about it was similar to my complaint about Wildcraft et al., that it pretty much eliminated the hunger mechanic. Overall food production rate needed a massive nerf, at least 50%, and farming something closer to 75%, for hunger to be meaningful at all.

• Like 2

Thanks guys! I probably will not do modding in Vintage Story until I have completed the full game.
I just really want to see these features in the vanilla game.
I mod MC, but only cause I have seen and done everything and Mojang doesn't add meaningful content.
Hoping for better things from VS and Hytale when it eventually comes out (hopefully)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.