How do y'all organize your stuff?

LadyWYT
Go to solution Solved by Thorfinn,

I've been trying to be more diligent about keeping all my stuff organized in my base, and for the first several hours of gameplay I do pretty well. It's usually around the bronze tier or iron tier that the inevitable chest nest starts to appear around my base, lol. I build chests, I build trunks, I build crates, but stuff seems to stack up faster than I can really find places to store it so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not. Crates and chests seem to be equal in regards to available storage slots, with the difference being that crates are limited to a single item type and can be more clearly labeled.

Food is the only thing I don't have issues with when it comes to storing and organizing things--it all fits neatly in a cellar or two and it's also something I'm consistently cycling through.

I've stared by sorting items into a few categories. Craftung, Building, Smithing, Farming etc. I've also build multible buildings designated for different tasks. Like a bakery, a smithery, a farming hut etc. For items like copper nuggets or so I tend to use crates since they hold only one item. The rest is kinda thrown into whichever storage vessel it seems to fit regarding my categories. Copper bars/Iron bars etc. I keep close to my anvil in case I need them. 

Hope i could lend you and hand by that ^^

Cheers, Yama

• Like 1

• Solution

Personally, I mostly use it up, ground stack it, or throw it away. I usually end the game with maybe 10-15 firepits, 8-12 crucibles (cheap, fast ore storage, 4 slots in each), 8-10 storage vessels, maybe a half-dozen reed chests, a trunk or two and a handful of crates I never bothered to sell. My focus is trying to collect no more resources than I need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YamaSenpai said:

I've also build multible buildings designated for different tasks. Like a bakery, a smithery, a farming hut etc. For items like copper nuggets or so I tend to use crates since they hold only one item. The rest is kinda thrown into whichever storage vessel it seems to fit regarding my categories. Copper bars/Iron bars etc. I keep close to my anvil in case I need them. 

Hope i could lend you and hand by that ^^

This is what I try to do, as well as having a centralized general storage area. That being said, I tend to accumulate a lot of stuff too because I may need it for building later. Depending on the items involved, it may not be stuff I can easily go gather more of on a whim either.

1 hour ago, Thorfinn said:

8-12 crucibles (cheap, fast ore storage, 4 slots in each

I didn't even think of this; I'll have to try this in one of my worlds! Until now, I've been keeping the raw ore chunks and just smashing them up as I need to.

Till I get chests I try to not have much but once I do I store things that are similar in chests until there its evident that there is enough of it to get its own crate (I have found so many aged ones in ruins) once the crate is full then it depends on what it is whether I keep any excess {i.e. is it valuable or not)

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 8:34 PM, Thorfinn said:

Personally, I mostly use it up, ground stack it, or throw it away.

This seems to be the best solution to my problems. If I'm more diligent about using what I already have, then I'll have more space to store what I actually need for big projects. I should probably also plan my projects a little better so that I know what I'm going to need/want in advance, and make sure there's an appropriate spot to hold all the materials while I'm working. I've been trying that in the current world I'm playing with, and it seems to be working...as long as don't get distracted running around looking for treasures, that is! Ah, the drawbacks of wanting to collect everything...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.