So what is the current story line so far?

John1

I see other forums all the time but all the answers are understandably vague. All I really wanted to know is, who is falx? What period was the world in before the "collapse" Why are we blue?

3 hours ago, John1 said:

I see other forums all the time but all the answers are understandably vague. All I really wanted to know is, who is falx?

Jonas Falx seems to be the guy responsible for all the temporal technology and how the player came to exist in the world as we know it. As I understand, he was either a prominent alchemist, or an accomplished engineer from the lower class(perhaps even both!). He may have also been at least partly responsible for the calamity that befell humanity and destroyed the Old World, but there's not yet enough information to determine that for certain. Whether he's still alive or not is also unknown, although there are a few clues that strongly suggest he is indeed still alive somewhere and we may meet him at some point.

What's also worth noting is that many of the Old World eventually elevated Falx to god-like status due to his technical prowess, and humanity's survivors may still revere him as a mythical figure(especially given the prevalence of rusty gears as a trade currency). It's hard to say for certain on the latter until villages and other NPCs are added though.

4 hours ago, John1 said:

What period was the world in before the "collapse"

Given the level of "real world" technology available in the game and mentioned in the lore, I think the Old World was meant to be set in the Late Middle Ages.

4 hours ago, John1 said:

Why are we blue?

The player is not human, hence the oddly colored skin. The traders are human, and if you'll notice that when you stand next to them, you're a bit taller as well. According to the lore, we are entities called "seraphs", although what exactly a seraph is and how much they differ from humans is somewhat vague, at least for now. As I understand it, seraphs were human once, likely ones that allied with Falx in his endeavors to save humanity from the Rot plague. They seem to have been sent forward in time somehow by a Falxian creation, and became seraphs in the process.

I expect this subject may be explored a bit more with the next update, though it remains to be seen.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John1 said:

who is falx?

Jonas Falx was a noble-born engineer who made most of the technological advancements found in the world. He also discovered the Prima Materia, a world-bending substance that most likely led to humans turning into Seraphs, which is what we are. He also, in his efforts to stop the Rot plague, probably messed up space and time, potentially bringing about the Rust and making Rot victims corruptible into Drifters. He also built the Salvation Engine, which we do not know much about, other than it is maybe the reason why we suddenly awaken many, many years after the apocalypse.

What period was the world in before the "collapse"

The middle ages. The lore mentions the Hanseatic League, who were a real German merchant league in the 1400's.

Why are we blue?

We play as a Seraph, a human presumably touched by the Prima Materia. We are immortal and do not need sleep, though we can still feel pain and tiredness.
Most likely, our characters were a band of common folk who aligned themselves with Falx, and he gifted this new form onto them. Traders are human, we are not.

Edited by ifoz
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.