Invidible fire bug 1.19.8

Whenever I make a charcoal pit or fire a clay object in a pit kiln, there is no fire or smoke.
When the fire from my pit kiln accidentally spread so some grass that spawned the fire was invisible as well, I still took damage.

There should be 2 image attachments of all the mods I'm using.

Screenshot_120.png

Screenshot_121.png

Unfortunately, when dealing with a lot of mods like that, there's only one way to know what's causing issues. I like to disable half of the mods, and (in a fresh creative world!) try to replicate the problem. If the problem is gone, okay, turn off that list of mods and turn on the other half of the mods. If the problem is still gone, it's an interaction between something on the first half and the second half, and you have to start pruning it down further.

If the problem comes back in only one half or the other, then split each of those halves into half, and repeat the process. Testing 50/50 like that allows you to quickly pinpoint the exact mod causing issues most of the time, instead of having to test them one at a time.

I wish there were a quicker, easier suggestion, but that's all I can offer.

Edit: If I had to take a crazy guess, the first one I'd suspect is Stone Bake Ovens, as it's the only one in your mod list that I recognize as making a substantial change on any of the fire mechanics.

Edited by StCatharines
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, StCatharines said:

Unfortunately, when dealing with a lot of mods like that, there's only one way to know what's causing issues. I like to disable half of the mods, and (in a fresh creative world!) try to replicate the problem. If the problem is gone, okay, turn off that list of mods and turn on the other half of the mods. If the problem is still gone, it's an interaction between something on the first half and the second half, and you have to start pruning it down further.

If the problem comes back in only one half or the other, then split each of those halves into half, and repeat the process. Testing 50/50 like that allows you to quickly pinpoint the exact mod causing issues most of the time, instead of having to test them one at a time.

I wish there were a quicker, easier suggestion, but that's all I can offer.

Edit: If I had to take a crazy guess, the first one I'd suspect is Stone Bake Ovens, as it's the only one in your mod list that I recognize as making a substantial change on any of the fire mechanics.

I just disabled all my mods and made a new world, it's not the mods.
Unfortunately the base game fire is bugged, so we'll have to wait for the devs to patch the invisible fire problem.

13 minutes ago, Nerdlin Geeksly said:

I just disabled all my mods and made a new world, it's not the mods.
Unfortunately the base game fire is bugged, so we'll have to wait for the devs to patch the invisible fire problem.

What version are you on? I use 1.19.8 and the fire in pit kilns and on grass, etc., displays normally.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.