How does mechanical power work?

Ari

I don't see it on the wiki anywhere. I know there is "wind power" but... how do you make that? I've figured out that you need sails for a windmill, but that's it. Is there a tutorial or explanation somewhere? What parts do I need to make and how do I hook them together?

@Aira You'll want to search the handbook for "sails", "axle", "gears", and "rotor".   Those are the four parts you need.  You have to apply the sails in groups of 4 to the rotor (I think you can only craft them in groups of 4 anyway maybe).  It would definitely be nice if they all shared a common hidden keyword in the handbook, like 'windmill' or something.  Rather than having to search them up individually.   I believe the gears have to be flanked by axles that are supported by something solid, iirc.  So you can't just make a freestanding windmill of nothing but the parts.  They need at least a bit of support.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.