xhodan

Fast Travel

• Some form of fast travel - initial idea includes the ability for players to setup ferry spots where you can pay a traveler to ride on a carriage or something, similar to how it works in Skyrim. Rates can be determined by distance or even maybe set by players if a town has a ferry of their own.

Let me know what you all think!

9 hours ago, Erik said:

There are already teleporters in the game, but their locations are fixed. I don't really see any benefits or need to add fast travel into the game.

I see it being a end end game mechanic for populated servers who want to be able to travel to villages and towns that are 10's of thousands of blocks apart from each other. As far as the teleporters go, you'd have to build your villages around them and that isn't practical in my opinion. There are some mods in the community that would lend well to some kind of implementation of travel like I've mentioned. I can also see this doing really well for PvP oriented servers where if villages are being attack, you could have a quick response time in getting over to defend allies.

Is there a faster way to travel than teleport? 😂

To make my travel faster I usually build roads by leveling the terrain and placing slabs that makes you walk faster (I don't remember the name, shame on me 😓) . It's a long and hard job but it's useful and give satisfaction (at least to me). 

Returning to the topic, I hope that in the future boats and carts will be implemented more as mobile storage rather than means of transportation. 

1 hour ago, Yukihira_S said:

Returning to the topic, I hope that in the future boats and carts will be implemented more as mobile storage rather than means of transportation. 

That would be cool! So im proposal would be linked to roads. You would need a rode connected from one town to another. Without it, you wouldn't be able to utilize a ferry system.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it would be a wonderful Idea to alow the player to move the translocators so we could start to set up a transfer hub as we find them. end game it is going to be very important to be able to travel vast distances quickly to remote areas where obscure minerals and or ores are located not to mention diferent stone and biome resources for large resource intensive construction projects. concider also when seasons will be added. It might be nice to live in a biome in the north but when winter hits have a fast travel to a warmer climate where farming can still be available in the winter?

Edited by MICHAEL CAMPBELL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.