Can't load savegame after PC-Crash

Jene Litsch

My PC crashed while playing. After restarting and loading my savegame something is wrong. Everytime I try to load the corrupted savegame, the game crashes to desktop and produces an error message with the content below:

Is there something which can be done to repair the corrupted savegame?

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
Version: v1.12.5 (Stable)02.03.2020 13:05:52: Critical error occurred
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Über das Ende des Datenstroms hinaus kann nicht gelesen werden.
   bei System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   bei System.IO.MemoryStream.InternalReadInt32()
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.FromBytes(BinaryReader reader, Boolean forClient)
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityPlayer.FromBytes(BinaryReader reader, Boolean forClient)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientSystemEntities.createOrUpdateEntityFromPacket(_8dScwjQY5uofBfFnZ0b1RxQaDb0 entitypacket, _cbodHKZNx5G5B0ajOJRiKOMUi6d game, Boolean addToLoadQueue)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientSystemEntities.HandleEntityLoadedPacket(_ao2wb43bENgLDz41hdvNvtazUHu serverpacket)
   bei _cbodHKZNx5G5B0ajOJRiKOMUi6d._BhJwuFi29qoR0AeIVw0bFfSc9Yg(Single )
   bei _eFf91QQdB7idG1E2ZqAM9ppaVVg._L70FVKtGSJalOIsw6MvDPGFXhpg(Single )
   bei _lt8TgSVuBImgzFgAFlSeVzSFsSy._AjNkRnsn39TXAz2S4OVzXdXYu0h(Single )
   bei _lt8TgSVuBImgzFgAFlSeVzSFsSy._NbPATb9BXlxRc4ZhH2GgyFCUInp(Single )
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   bei _hCuHXesCXlp0LGSdrsPFpw4up5n._mOm8EuKIvHpaJoztxNWRpAoOpbM(_55ISULxdcpPfF8D2JP831aWhOBe , String[] )
   bei _iCfIbY24GyBXP5lAwqsSlD9COxC._mOm8EuKIvHpaJoztxNWRpAoOpbM(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Edited by Jene Litsch

Hi,

I was just coming to report this same or a similar problem when I saw this post. I had a crash too last night: my screen went black and the system froze completely. I had to do a hard reset and after restart the save crashes when trying to open it. Other saves work as they should.  Attached is my crash-log. I am running the game on ubuntu 19.10 with mono 6.8.0.105.

I hope you don't mind me posting at this same thread, but imo the logs look similar, so I thought this is related.

client-crash_edited.txt

A small update on this: I'm working on a "open savegame in repair mode" option. This should let you load up the world without crashing it by this particular crash, then upon leaving, and thus saving the world, it should run well again. (some other regions on the world may crash as well, but then the repair mode can be run there as well).

Hope that'll fix the issue for your savegames.

• Amazing! 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.