XLib and XSkills

Xandu

17 minutes ago, RogueRaiden said:

is the Cage configurable on what it can capture? I'd like to add/remove creatures to it

The XSkillsAnimal behavior has an attribute "catchable". You can change it with json patching or c# code.

• Amazing! 1

35 minutes ago, ariosamoon said:

There seems to be an issue with the new update. Items in the Strong back slot went missing. However when unlearning On the road the items spawned back. It's also impossible to learn Strong Back currently. Mixed some variables in the code maybe ? 

Do you play on a server? This sounds like the server and clients are running on different versions which messed up some ability ids.

24 minutes ago, Xandu said:

Do you play on a server? This sounds like the server and clients are running on different versions which messed up some ability ids.

Yes, I play on a server. Version is 1.18.5(stable). However I dont have a different client version than the server. Also, I'd like to add that traits I had learnt were unlearned and other traits were learned which weren't before. 

7 hours ago, ariosamoon said:

Yes, I play on a server. Version is 1.18.5(stable). However I dont have a different client version than the server. Also, I'd like to add that traits I had learnt were unlearned and other traits were learned which weren't before. 

I mean different versions of the mod not the game.

AFAIK, this coords are coords of last breaked block, not coords of ore, and used only for display different text in output lines. It is impossible to see is there new output or not, when chat window filled with identical lines

Edited by Digitalr

1 hour ago, Ari said:

Are there any known issues with Expanded Foods compatibility at the moment? I'm not getting any cooking XP from the mixing bowl or cauldron.

For me it works fine. Are you on version 1.18? Do you have any other mod that interacts with expanded foods? Do you get the "Owner" in the blocks tooltip after interacting with the automated mixing bowl or the cauldron?

1 hour ago, Xandu said:

For me it works fine. Are you on version 1.18? Do you have any other mod that interacts with expanded foods? Do you get the "Owner" in the blocks tooltip after interacting with the automated mixing bowl or the cauldron?

Version 1.18.5, yes. I do have quite a few mods on the server but I don't think any of them impact Expanded Foods. I do have Acorns and Wildcraft, which EF is compatible with, but it shouldn't affect the way EF works and I'm not even using ingredients from those mods at the moment. I've just double-checked and yes, it says "Owner" and my username in the blocks tooltip. I'd been assuming there simply wasn't compatibility with EF but it looks like there is supposed to be, so I'm confused now. :(

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ari said:

Version 1.18.5, yes. I do have quite a few mods on the server but I don't think any of them impact Expanded Foods. I do have Acorns and Wildcraft, which EF is compatible with, but it shouldn't affect the way EF works and I'm not even using ingredients from those mods at the moment. I've just double-checked and yes, it says "Owner" and my username in the blocks tooltip. I'd been assuming there simply wasn't compatibility with EF but it looks like there is supposed to be, so I'm confused now. :(

Okay. Try to delete the cache folder. This seems to help in these cases. 

Any chance that we can make a change to Steeplechaser? It does not happen often on rank 1 but is constant on rank 2. With steeplechaser on my character is constantly trying to climb up while inside my home. I think it is because it is trying to climb the roof? It does it in the middle of a room. 

4 hours ago, Xandu said:

Okay. Try to delete the cache folder. This seems to help in these cases. 

Oof.... Well, I deleted the cache folder, which took over an hour because my only access is via FTP, and.... it still doesn't work. 😭 Any other suggestions? Am I really the only one having this issue? The full list of mods I'm using is:

Acorns; A Culinary Artillery; Advanced Smithing; BackpackPack Standard; Beekeeper; Better Ruins; Bonfires; Bricklayers; Immortal Butterflies; Cairns; CarryOn; QP's Chisel Tools; Copper Coldforging; Evaporite; Expanded Foods; Flint Chisel; Instruments; Less Bears; Lumber Sling; More Piles; More Roofing; More Torch Holders; More Trees More Seeds; Night Watcher; No More Drifter Throwing; Ragnaman's Seeds From Crops; Ruststones; Scarecrow; Teleportation Network; Tiered Soil; Translocator Engineering; Useful Drifter Loot; Vanilla Variants; Wildcraft; Wildcraft Trees; Wild Farming Revival; Xlib/Xskills + Wildcraft Patch; (CommonLib); (Expanded Matter)

Thank you for any suggestions! I'm the main chef on my server and trying to level up cooking when the mixing bowl and cauldron don't give me xp is really slow. :(

4 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Maybe it's something I need to update for fancy new builds!

I don't think so. It works fine for me. So I don't think that it is a general issue. Additionally the current code is mostly independent from your actual code. So changing your code wouldn't have much of an effect on how it works.

33 minutes ago, Jessterr said:

Any chance that we can make a change to Steeplechaser? It does not happen often on rank 1 but is constant on rank 2. With steeplechaser on my character is constantly trying to climb up while inside my home. I think it is because it is trying to climb the roof? It does it in the middle of a room. 

Do you also use the StepUp mod? If you also use StepUp you should disable the second tier of the ability or just don't use it.

13 minutes ago, Ari said:

Oof.... Well, I deleted the cache folder, which took over an hour because my only access is via FTP, and.... it still doesn't work. 😭 Any other suggestions? Am I really the only one having this issue? The full list of mods I'm using is:

Acorns; A Culinary Artillery; Advanced Smithing; BackpackPack Standard; Beekeeper; Better Ruins; Bonfires; Bricklayers; Immortal Butterflies; Cairns; CarryOn; QP's Chisel Tools; Copper Coldforging; Evaporite; Expanded Foods; Flint Chisel; Instruments; Less Bears; Lumber Sling; More Piles; More Roofing; More Torch Holders; More Trees More Seeds; Night Watcher; No More Drifter Throwing; Ragnaman's Seeds From Crops; Ruststones; Scarecrow; Teleportation Network; Tiered Soil; Translocator Engineering; Useful Drifter Loot; Vanilla Variants; Wildcraft; Wildcraft Trees; Wild Farming Revival; Xlib/Xskills + Wildcraft Patch; (CommonLib); (Expanded Matter)

Thank you for any suggestions! I'm the main chef on my server and trying to level up cooking when the mixing bowl and cauldron don't give me xp is really slow. :(

Oh this shouldn't take that long.

Have you asked someone else on your server whether he has the same issue?

• Like 1

Oh! Okay, so it IS working for some recipes, just not all! Making candy in the cauldron gave me XP, and putting syrup on berry bread in the mixing bowl also gave me XP. But making dough in the mixing bowl with cassava flour, yeast starter, oil, and bone broth didn't give me anything, and making bone broth in the cauldron also gave me nothing. I thought maybe the bone broth was the issue so I tried making bread with the cassava flour, yeast start, oil, and just water, but that also gave no XP. 😵‍💫

39 minutes ago, Ari said:

Oh! Okay, so it IS working for some recipes, just not all! Making candy in the cauldron gave me XP, and putting syrup on berry bread in the mixing bowl also gave me XP. But making dough in the mixing bowl with cassava flour, yeast starter, oil, and bone broth didn't give me anything, and making bone broth in the cauldron also gave me nothing. I thought maybe the bone broth was the issue so I tried making bread with the cassava flour, yeast start, oil, and just water, but that also gave no XP. 😵‍💫

I found the cause of it. The skill is quite irritated about the bread and calculates a experience gain for doughs of 0. In general things that don't have Satiety have issues with exp calculation. But I am unsure whether it should give experience since you will probably get experience for the baking process later.

Edited by Xandu
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Xandu said:

I found the cause of it. The skill is quite irritated about the bread and calculates a experience gain for doughs of 0. In general things that don't have Satiety have issues with exp calculation. But I am unsure whether it should give experience since you will probably get experience for the baking process later.

Ah, alright, that would explain the bone broth too then - you can't consume it directly so it has no nutrition value. Well, I suppose not too many "foods" give no nutrition, so it shouldn't affect much outside of broth and dough, and since as you say those will be cooked later, they should give some xp one way or another. It's a relief to figure out what the problem is at least! :D

Is there any chance of a boost to xp from the oven in the future for expanded foods items? As it stands, I can make 6 servings of porridge in a cooking pot and get 2.88 points of xp, but if I make 4 muffins in the oven I only get 0.2 points. Making the porridge is literally just shift-click in the ingredients, add fuel, light, done. Finished the work in just a few seconds and I don't even have to watch it. Making the muffins is: 1) make dough by mixing flour, bone broth, oil, yeast starter, and egg in the mixing bowl (takes a while, gives no xp); 2) mix the dough with berries or candied fruit (takes the same amount of time as step 1, gives no xp); 3) put fuel in the oven, light it, wait for it to heat up (takes a while, gives no xp); 4) put the raw muffins in the oven and stand there waiting for them to bake so they don't burn (finally get 0.2 xp when they're done). The end result has taken ages to make and has far more nutrition than a bowl of porridge, yet it gives almost no xp. I've made many stacks of muffins for my server but I have fewer levels in cooking than another player who's just been making porridge and beef stew the whole time. 😭

• Like 1

Just to show how unbalanced the XP is for cooking at the moment, I did some cooking and baking on stream today and put together a highlight showing the entire process of making a bowl of porridge (about 3 seconds, 2.64 xp) vs how much time and effort it takes to make 4 muffins (around 6 minutes, 0.20 xp). Even with vanilla baking, it's more work to light the oven, wait for it to heat up, put in the dough, watch it to make sure it doesn't burn, and bake bread, than it is to just make a bowl of porridge or stew, so I'd recommend boosting the xp from baking in the future even for simple vanilla bread if possible. Hope this helps! 😀

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1843904091

Edited by Ari

20 hours ago, RogueRaiden said:

compatibility with Stone Bake Ovens mod? Or would that have to be done on their side?

They could link their mod to the xskills dll and use the Cooking.ApplyAbilities(ItemSlot, IPlayer, float, ItemStack) method to make it compatible. Or I can do it with a harmony patch somewhere. But to patch it I need to know how their mod works.

14 hours ago, Ari said:

Just to show how unbalanced the XP is for cooking at the moment, I did some cooking and baking on stream today and put together a highlight showing the entire process of making a bowl of porridge (about 3 seconds, 2.64 xp) vs how much time and effort it takes to make 4 muffins (around 6 minutes, 0.20 xp). Even with vanilla baking, it's more work to light the oven, wait for it to heat up, put in the dough, watch it to make sure it doesn't burn, and bake bread, than it is to just make a bowl of porridge or stew, so I'd recommend boosting the xp from baking in the future even for simple vanilla bread if possible. Hope this helps! 😀

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1843904091

I try to fix this. Like l33tmaan already mentioned the extra nutrition is not taken into account at the moment. So baking muffins looks for the mod like you are cooking meat on a fire pit at the moment. There is a lot of different food in the game and it works quite differently. Covering every case can be a little bit complicated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand, and I can imagine it's very complicated to account for everything! But I do think as it stands right now, Xskills really discourages baking with the oven. Even if you're not using Expanded Foods at all, baking 4 loaves of bread in the oven takes a lot more time and effort than cooking porridge or stew in a pot, and it gives almost no XP. So it would be great if XP from baking anything in the oven got a bit of a boost. I could just make a bunch of pots of stew and porridge and level up really fast, but if I want to bake I make almost no progress. Clearly with the expanded foods stuff it's taken to an extreme, but even vanilla baking gives almost no reward compared to the time and effort required to light the oven, wait for the fire to go out, put the dough in, and watch it until it finishes so it doesn't burn. Thanks so much for considering the feedback! I'm having a lot of fun with the mod. 🙌

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.