Karmatose's Variants

Karmatose

What variants would you like to see next?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What animals would you like to see variants made of? Post what kind of variants (EX: Silver Fox) you want to see of the animal in the comments!

• Chicken
    • Drifter
    • Arctic Fox
    • Forest Fox
    • Hare
    • Hyena
    • Wild Pig
    • Racoon
    • Bighorn Sheep
    • Wolf

Karma's Variants

A mod to add alternate textures to various mobs.

All textures are alternate textures, which means they have a chance of showing up instead of the vanilla ones. Nothing is replaced.

Unless otherwise specified, all variants are available for male and female animals, but not babies.

modicon.png.b0024a3fc940bb40dad7957bf9d30015.png

Fox Variants

Silver Fox

Screenshot_6.png.79e435436cc7d2fec56b88cddba7441f.pngPig Variants

Almost Black

Black-and-White Spotted (Piglets only)

*The vanilla sow only has one texture, but the boar has five. Now, the sows have all the male textures, and the boar has the added female texture, for a total of six textures for both male and female wild pigs, not including other textures listed above.

Screenshot_3.png.6af1030838259b6a4702ebfcc365dcee.pngBighorn Sheep 

Dark brown

Medium Gray

Medium brown (Lambs only)

Light Gray (Lambs Only)

Changelog:

Version 1.3
*Added two variants for the male bighorn sheep.
*Added two variants for the female bighorn sheep.
*Added two variants for the bighorn sheep lamb.

Version 1.2
*Added gender diversity to the wild pig textures - there was five male textures and only one female texture. I copied all the extra male textures to the female, as well as making the female texture available for males. 
*Added an almost black texture for both genders of wild pig.
*Added black-and-white spotted texture for the piglet.

Version 1.1
*Added a changelog
*Added the textures to the mod. Whoops!

Version 1.0
*Mod created with silver fox variant of forest fox.

Karma'sVariants1.3.zip

Edited by Karmatose
Version 1.3 Update
  • Like 3
  • Cookie time 1
  • Amazing! 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

any chance we could get long haired bunnies? those adorable dust balls would make great pets to liven the game up.  maybe you could even allow some way to breed ones that shine with light or like make temporal hair dye that would make them glimmer and glow?  maybe for other animals too... but the idea of glowing, hopping, pompoms in a field is too awesome.  also maybe you could make a fox variant that is a housecat or a small wild cat like a treecat or a lynx.  maybe a red panda and/or a raccoon dog with its leaf hat for raccoon variants.  albino variants are always cool to see.

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2020 at 4:14 PM, Julius van Vern said:

Looks like a great job. The mod also runs standalone on the server?

Not sure on this one, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work on a server. I just confirmed it still works for 1.14.5, I've been inactive for a while. I might get around to testing this sometime, I'll post the results if I do.

On 11/29/2020 at 11:48 PM, infinitetech said:

any chance we could get long haired bunnies? those adorable dust balls would make great pets to liven the game up.  maybe you could even allow some way to breed ones that shine with light or like make temporal hair dye that would make them glimmer and glow?  maybe for other animals too... but the idea of glowing, hopping, pompoms in a field is too awesome.  also maybe you could make a fox variant that is a housecat or a small wild cat like a treecat or a lynx.  maybe a red panda and/or a raccoon dog with its leaf hat for raccoon variants.  albino variants are always cool to see.

I'm mostly aiming for a more realistic mod as of right now. As for long-haired bunnies, I'm not quite sure how to do that as I think I'd have to edit the model for that, and I'm no 3D modeler. Red pandas sounds interesting, but I'd likely want to make it a separate entity from the racoon as opposed to a variant, as racoons and red pandas live in different environments. Perhaps I'll look into it sometime. ^^ Thanks for the suggestions.

12 hours ago, Karmatose said:

Not sure on this one, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work on a server. I just confirmed it still works for 1.14.5, I've been inactive for a while. I might get around to testing this sometime, I'll post the results if I do.

I'm mostly aiming for a more realistic mod as of right now. As for long-haired bunnies, I'm not quite sure how to do that as I think I'd have to edit the model for that, and I'm no 3D modeler. Red pandas sounds interesting, but I'd likely want to make it a separate entity from the racoon as opposed to a variant, as racoons and red pandas live in different environments. Perhaps I'll look into it sometime. ^^ Thanks for the suggestions.

1. glad you like the ideas

2. hmm, fair, they do look very different due to the sheer amount of fluff

3. thats reasonable, perhaps a fantasy/scifi critters pack could happen at a later date

4. makes sense, red pandas and tanukis do indeed live on separate continents, though they do inhabit fairly similar regions and niches in ecology, just one is a Little more warm weather friendly than the other.

12 hours ago, Karmatose said:

As for long-haired bunnies, I'm not quite sure how to do that as I think I'd have to edit the model for that, and I'm no 3D modeler. 

The VSmodeler is actually fairly friendly to use after you read the article on the wiki a few times and played around a bit. Perhaps you could just edit the existing bunny entity so its got different shapes/textures and preserve the original animation?

3 hours ago, infinitetech said:

3. thats reasonable, perhaps a fantasy/scifi critters pack could happen at a later date

A fantasy pack is certainly a possibility, but would be separate for sure! ^^

2 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

The VSmodeler is actually fairly friendly to use after you read the article on the wiki a few times and played around a bit. Perhaps you could just edit the existing bunny entity so its got different shapes/textures and preserve the original animation?

Oh, hm. Maybe I'll have to play around with it then! Thanks for the tip. :)

perhaps you could split the work into one each of these to lessen overlap or clashes in theme:

Natural pack

*a pack, or maybe several by region, that adds real world creatures

Drifter pack

*creatures that have been taken by those of the deep, the forces of the fade, and the shadows themself.

Cogwork pack 

*beings of metal, gears, and machinery, the locust are not the only ticktockers around

Temporaly fluxed

*being near, consuming, or being experimented upon with the temporal source has infused these beings, contaminating them with spacial drift and temporal blur

Pre-crash custom exotics

*these creatures were advanced engineered beings that the rich and famous kept, after the fall they went wild, however you can still see the evidence of fantastical myths in them, or the occasional biotech augment

elemental awakening

*the world has noticed the harm that humans cause, and has infused its beasts with essences to push back

just some fun alternate grouping ideas

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.