Ivan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a glacier, one of several I have experimenting in creating. A low level fog, god rays and shadows are set using both Creative mode GUI menu (accessed via key stroke @) and Setting [Esc]

Ice and snow Bridges, steep falls, waterfalls and plunge pools; all provide a challenge. I will post up a topic on creating ice scapes, to show some of the methods that can be employed by the VS engine.

Vintage_Story_landy1A.jpg

Vintage_Story_landy2B.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

My second attempt at an erupting Volcano. Embers rather than Lava is used to create the comic book style eruption plume, and bloom is set to about 80% to make it glow. The height is about 250 blocks. The plumes cloud is made from a mixture of lake and glacier ice to create a transparency. In my first attempt I used a mixture of dark creative blocks flecked with red torches, and that approach worked better.

Vintage_Story_Volcano13.jpg

Vintage_Story_Volcane50.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2018 at 6:03 AM, Stroam said:

I wish you would make rare unique features that have a chance of appearing in biomes.

Now that Luke's story is starting to mesh into game worlds, I think unique locations and features are inevitable. But even in between story elements and mechanics, there should be room for varied and unique locations. Much will depend on worldgen.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.