Primitive Survival

Spear and Fang

1 minute ago, Spear and Fang said:

I wonder if that was a case of the fillet turning to rot during the cooking process (the expiration process begins the moment that they're on a hook or in a trap, not when you first pick them up), or if you're playing on a server, just one of many hiccups that can occur.  If it's easily re-creatable, I can surely track it down.

I had a couple days before they expired. So it was having issues even in the crafting menu. It keep showing up then disappearing. After i fillet it, it said fresh for 2. something days, not hours. Immediately placed it on the fire and it disappeared 

I feel like I woulld need at least one more person to report something similar before I'd even consider it a fixable issue (or an issue with the mod itself).  People are playing with so many unique setups.  I'm still seeing bug reports of people losing items even in vanilla.  

Has it happened to you several times?  Or better yet, can you recreate it?

Edited by Spear and Fang

3 minutes ago, Spear and Fang said:

I feel like I woulld need at least one more person to report something similar before I'd even consider it a fixable issue (or an issue with the mod itself).  People are playing with so many unique setups.  I'm still seeing bug reports of people losing items even in vanilla.  

Has it happened to you several times?  Or better yet, can you recreate it?

Ill try and recreate it.

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

Is there any way to increase the spawn rate of relics? I've been sitting here for 5 IRL days with 40 weir traps trying to get the Temporal Relic base item, but so far haven't seen a single one, but a bunch of every other weir trap relic. It's currently winter in my world and ice surrounds the traps, does this prevent it from spawning or do I just have terrible RNG?

22 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

Perfect, thank you!  Just to add to that,  a fillet is basically the same as a piece of meat, so most everything related to cooking it is vanilla game mechanics, not the mod itself.

Sorry for the late reply, yeah it only happened once. So seems like its rare bug.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Apostasia said:
  Hide contents

Is there any way to increase the spawn rate of relics? I've been sitting here for 5 IRL days with 40 weir traps trying to get the Temporal Relic base item, but so far haven't seen a single one, but a bunch of every other weir trap relic. It's currently winter in my world and ice surrounds the traps, does this prevent it from spawning or do I just have terrible RNG?

In single player, you *could* edit your modconfig file (it talks all about that near the end of the original post).  It won't increase your chance of catching that particular relic, but you could increase catch rates/frequency in general.  You're looking to increase WeirTrapCatchPercent and/or decrease WeirTrapUpdateMinutes.

Ice shouldn't be an issue - if you're getting other relics/statues, it's just a matter of time.

Edited by Spear and Fang

15 hours ago, Letholldus said:

W-Where did the mod go? I just got this game yesterday and came here today to download it and it's gone :(

Taken down by Spear & Fang for an undetermined amount of time. Skimming the VS Discord seems to imply that the mod's current state has some problems and that Spear & Fang took it down until they are able to fix it. They took it down to avoid the spamming from people who cannot and will not read mod descriptions alerting them to it's unsuitable state, as that takes a toll on one's mental state.

Of course this is just from what I think I understand from reading the Discord, not the words of the author themself.

8 minutes ago, Thalius said:

Seems a new version went back up on the Mod database about 23 hours ago. Any information on this?

I had too many people poking at me looking for it so I dumped it back up there.  ModDB has a bug so it wouldn't accept the previous version number. It is the same (latest) version and has no serious issues.

• Like 3

Apologies If this was in a previous post I looked but  did not see it.

When I make a recurve bow and I'm drying the sticks where does it need to be to Dry. the description says open storage? What constitutes open storage for it to start drying.?

All containers in VS are closed storage. I didn't see a Drying rack of any kind so confused.? Mine have been sitting for days and still at 0%.

But at any rate please dont get discouraged with people hitting you up. It comes with the territory. yes they should read more but keep up the good work this is awesome that you gave us better bows and fish and snare traps for rabbits.

P.S.  Why no fishing pole.??

22 minutes ago, Tehgarin said:

When I make a recurve bow and I'm drying the sticks where does it need to be to Dry. the description says open storage? What constitutes open storage for it to start drying.?

All containers in VS are closed storage. I didn't see a Drying rack of any kind so confused.? Mine have been sitting for days and still at 0%.

But at any rate please dont get discouraged with people hitting you up. It comes with the territory. yes they should read more but keep up the good work this is awesome that you gave us better bows and fish and snare traps for rabbits.

No bows in this mod sorry - and I'm not sure which mod you are referring to.

A decent fishing pole mechanic was way beyond my skillset when I started modding, although I think I could probably tackle it now...

33 minutes ago, Tehgarin said:

no bows in this mod, and the recurve is actually vanilla; open storage is your inventory, you need to keep it in your backpacks or toolbar for it to dry

1 hour ago, Spear and Fang said:

No bows in this mod sorry - and I'm not sure which mod you are referring to.

A decent fishing pole mechanic was way beyond my skillset when I started modding, although I think I could probably tackle it now...

OMG I didn't even know Tyron made better bows Awesome. TY Tyron, Better give credit to him :)  And ty for looking into Fishing Poles I think it is missing that. 

Loving the traps so far.  Keep up the good work. 

1 minute ago, Thalius said:

Great to hear!
Anything new, or just a stability update along with the new client release?

Oh, there's a new thing or three...

fixed: lava flow on pickup/place
fixed: missing texture on monkey bridge and trotline
fixed: metal bits ratio when recovering metal fishing hooks/lures
tweak: added mount to back of pelt (animal heads) on walls
new: added vanilla salmon to survival mode
new: 4 types of snakes
new: 2 types of crabs
new: 3 types of fireworks
new: particulator/link tool integration with death/secondary particle generation, recipe change
new: better stairs integration, simpler recipes
new: 7 types of fireflies, firefly jar, jar wall bracket
new: additions/tweaks to mod config

• Cookie time 2

4 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

Oh, there's a new thing or three...

fixed: lava flow on pickup/place
fixed: missing texture on monkey bridge and trotline
fixed: metal bits ratio when recovering metal fishing hooks/lures
tweak: added mount to back of pelt (animal heads) on walls
new: added vanilla salmon to survival mode
new: 4 types of snakes
new: 2 types of crabs
new: 3 types of fireworks
new: particulator/link tool integration with death/secondary particle generation, recipe change
new: better stairs integration, simpler recipes
new: 7 types of fireflies, firefly jar, jar wall bracket
new: additions/tweaks to mod config

Will this work "backwards" with 1.15.5 on the KineticKnight server?????

7 hours ago, LeGourmet said:

Can worms only be found under stones and sticks ? No other place ?

Sticks and flint laying on some variant of dirt mostly.  Has to be warm enough (0-30C).  You have to pick them sticks/flint up, not break them.  Also stones to a much lesser degree (since stones are placeable).

7 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

Sticks and flint laying on some variant of dirt mostly.  Has to be warm enough (0-30C).  You have to pick them sticks/flint up, not break them.  Also stones to a much lesser degree (since stones are placeable).

Are they a finite ressource or can we reproduce them somehow ?

7 hours ago, LeGourmet said:

Are they a finite ressource or can we reproduce them somehow ?

Only by placing rocks on grass and picking them back up.  But that might be unpleasant.  Unless you jack up the wormspercentfound in the modconfig file.  I'm assuming you are on a server and the immediate area has been picked clean of sticks and flint.  

43 minutes ago, Spear and Fang said:

Only by placing rocks on grass and picking them back up.  But that might be unpleasant.  Unless you jack up the wormspercentfound in the modconfig file.  I'm assuming you are on a server and the immediate area has been picked clean of sticks and flint.  

No, Im in single player. I just wanted to know if there was a way to get infinite worms.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.