Primitive Survival

Spear and Fang

If it can explain a little bit, my friend is really not a computer lover ^^ And he's using a potato one ^^

/fixmapping applyall didn't do anything, and it seems that those blocks are olivine bits.

I think I'll just destroy them when I see any more.

Thanks again ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, EpsilonSequence said:

How do I actually make a larger pitfall trap, it says you can weave the bundle of spikes to do so, but I have no idea what that actually means, I'm tried placing additional spikes and stuff but I can't seem to make a usable pit larger than 2x2

If for example you have a three by three hole, and you place a bundle of spikes into the middle of one side,  you can stick another bundle of wood spikes into the side of the first bundle you placed...both sides in fact.  From there you can keep on "weaving" and actually cover any sized pit with some sort of convoluted cross hatch pattern.

On 5/18/2022 at 8:52 PM, Spear and Fang said:

If for example you have a three by three hole, and you place a bundle of spikes into the middle of one side,  you can stick another bundle of wood spikes into the side of the first bundle you placed...both sides in fact.  From there you can keep on "weaving" and actually cover any sized pit with some sort of convoluted cross hatch pattern.

Yeah nevermind, turns out I'm just a ditzy cow, I downloaded the 2.9.1 update when I got back into playing, and forgot to actually remove the old 2.8.0 file from my mod folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Having issues catching any fire flies. Placed jar with bait. Put tons of flowers around them its been days and days nothing. they fly around near my berry bushes but not in the flowers or near the jars. Any help I would appreciate it.

Confused.

Thank You

On 6/12/2022 at 12:10 AM, Tehgarin said:

Having issues catching any fire flies. Placed jar with bait. Put tons of flowers around them its been days and days nothing. they fly around near my berry bushes but not in the flowers or near the jars. Any help I would appreciate it.

Confused.

Thank You

Could be a temperature related issue.  It needs to be really warm at night.  Something like +30C between midnight and 3am.  Perhaps you are just in too cold of an area, or in the wrong season.

Have you considered adding a dedicated block or multiblock structure for generating worm castings? My mom has a beautiful garden she works very hard on, and one of the things she uses is a worm farm made out of... plastic of some kind, I forget, I haven't seen it in a while. They put dirt and worms in and keep them fed with compost, and the dirt becomes very fertile. I imagine in-game you'd have to make it out of something other than wood, because the wood would rot, and thus be higher up the tech tree than a simple worm pit. If you add a cover of some kind, it could be a way to keep the worms safe from predators and the like (they don't despawn, or you place them in the worm farm in item form), with the caveat that you have to keep them supplied with rot, else the worms die. Maybe you'll need to put soil blocks in, too, for them to actually turn into castings. I think it would fit in very well with this mod.

Yes, giving worms a little more tlc is on my to-do list, and has moved up the list now that I've added that worm grunter.  I definitely want to make them a more viable option to simply place on your farmland AND flesh out a better way of making worm castings.  But alas, my to-do list is long.

Hello.

I'm a little bit at loss regarding the pitfall trap. I tried them and the prey that fell into the spikes doesn't take damage after the initial fall.

I waited a little time and she starded running to her bighorn while regeneratiing.

2022-06-20_14-09-21.png

Edited by Tyranus

15 hours ago, Tyranus said:

Hello.

I'm a little bit at loss regarding the pitfall trap. I tried them and the prey that fell into the spikes doesn't take damage after the initial fall.

I waited a little time and she starded running to her bighorn while regeneratiing.

2022-06-20_14-09-21.png

That's correct, they won't take damage after the initial fall, but will take more damage if they fall further or if you use the bed of nails.

They will take a bit of damage if they walk off the spikes and back on, so leaving a square or two clear of spikes may produce the desired results.

I've found a game-breaking bug when Primitive Survival and Fix Handbook Clutter are active at the same time. I've created a ticket for Caluminum already, so making sure you're aware too.

Game version: 1.16.5
Fix Handbook Clutter version: 1.0.4
Primitive Survival version: 2.9.4

The game crashes to desktop when viewing any dough recipes (and likely any recipes that use water like dough does). I suspect this has to do with the metal bucket item.

Here is the stack trace for the error:

Running on 64 bit Windows with 0 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.16.5 (Stable)
Loaded Mods: primitivesurvival@2.9.4, game@1.16.5, fixhandbookclutter@1.0.4, creative@1.16.5, survival@1.16.5
6/22/2022 12:00:45 PM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerTopOpened.get_emptyShapeLoc()
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerTopOpened.GenMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack contentStack, BlockPos forBlockPos)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerTopOpened.OnBeforeRender(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack itemstack, EnumItemRenderTarget target, ItemRenderInfo& renderinfo)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.GetItemStackRenderInfo(ClientMain game, ItemSlot inSlot, EnumItemRenderTarget target, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.RenderItemstackToGui(ItemSlot inSlot, Double posX, Double posY, Double posZ, Single size, Int32 color, Boolean shading, Boolean origRotate, Boolean showStackSize)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerBase.OnHandbookRecipeRender(ICoreClientAPI capi, GridRecipe gridRecipe, ItemSlot dummyslot, Double x, Double y, Double size)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.SlideshowGridRecipeTextComponent.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime, Double renderX, Double renderY)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementRichtext.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.Render(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnRenderFrameGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _esGsESICkihAc8ShXuIoQwZFwP4._DPQfPEsBXX5ftH8l1sqqtyB2Itl(Single )
   at _8UC8FAMhwKY89IbtSRDjsNSApPJ._KbwUAfxjCHyIG0aK445AAA9FHl5(Single )
   at _8UC8FAMhwKY89IbtSRDjsNSApPJ._R0wAt2N0TpONMxGD0HJG3bDrRcI(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 476
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 452
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _7zNxEbLnuy6Bq08TdMSIu9ZbrKf._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(_SUsdg1ytavxaRcNNkhfDrODGhGP , String[] )
   at _yA4PJazdKq1OMm8H6js6v5AhQB._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(ThreadStart )

On 6/22/2022 at 10:44 AM, PhyDoesStuff said:

I've found a game-breaking bug when Primitive Survival and Fix Handbook Clutter are active at the same time. I've created a ticket for Caluminum already, so making sure you're aware too.

Game version: 1.16.5
Fix Handbook Clutter version: 1.0.4
Primitive Survival version: 2.9.4

The game crashes to desktop when viewing any dough recipes (and likely any recipes that use water like dough does). I suspect this has to do with the metal bucket item.

Here is the stack trace for the error:

Running on 64 bit Windows with 0 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.16.5 (Stable)
Loaded Mods: primitivesurvival@2.9.4, game@1.16.5, fixhandbookclutter@1.0.4, creative@1.16.5, survival@1.16.5
6/22/2022 12:00:45 PM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerTopOpened.get_emptyShapeLoc()
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerTopOpened.GenMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack contentStack, BlockPos forBlockPos)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerTopOpened.OnBeforeRender(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack itemstack, EnumItemRenderTarget target, ItemRenderInfo& renderinfo)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.GetItemStackRenderInfo(ClientMain game, ItemSlot inSlot, EnumItemRenderTarget target, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.RenderItemstackToGui(ItemSlot inSlot, Double posX, Double posY, Double posZ, Single size, Int32 color, Boolean shading, Boolean origRotate, Boolean showStackSize)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerBase.OnHandbookRecipeRender(ICoreClientAPI capi, GridRecipe gridRecipe, ItemSlot dummyslot, Double x, Double y, Double size)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.SlideshowGridRecipeTextComponent.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime, Double renderX, Double renderY)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementRichtext.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.Render(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnRenderFrameGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _esGsESICkihAc8ShXuIoQwZFwP4._DPQfPEsBXX5ftH8l1sqqtyB2Itl(Single )
   at _8UC8FAMhwKY89IbtSRDjsNSApPJ._KbwUAfxjCHyIG0aK445AAA9FHl5(Single )
   at _8UC8FAMhwKY89IbtSRDjsNSApPJ._R0wAt2N0TpONMxGD0HJG3bDrRcI(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 476
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 452
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _7zNxEbLnuy6Bq08TdMSIu9ZbrKf._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(_SUsdg1ytavxaRcNNkhfDrODGhGP , String[] )
   at _yA4PJazdKq1OMm8H6js6v5AhQB._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(ThreadStart )

Thanks for the bug report@PhyDoesStuff
I've added to my to-do list and will investigate.

There are a couple issues I've found with the newest version, looks like there are some methods that aren't defined properly, which are causing exceptions and some goofy rendering. It's not stopping the game, just cluttering client-main.txt with a bunch of exceptions.

• Game version: 1.17.0-pre2
  • Mod Version: 3.0.1

Errors:

Trot line (screenshot of strange render attached)

6.7.2022 16:12:00 [Error] Exception thrown during OnTesselation() of block entity PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BELimbTrotLineLure@51429/111/51113: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Vintagestory.API.Client.ITesselatorAPI.TesselateShape(System.String, Vintagestory.API.Common.Shape, Vintagestory.API.Client.MeshData ByRef, Vintagestory.API.Client.ITexPositionSource, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3f, Int32, Byte, Byte, System.Nullable`1<Int32>, System.String[], Int32)'.
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BlockLimbTrotLineLure.GenMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, String shapePath, ITexPositionSource texture, Boolean alive)
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BELimbTrotLineLure.OnTesselation(ITerrainMeshPool mesher, ITesselatorAPI tesselator)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.JsonTesselator.Tesselate(TCTCache vars). Block will probably not be rendered as intended.

Tree hollow (haven't found the hollow in-game, so no screenshot available)

6.7.2022 16:12:02 [Error] Exception thrown during OnTesselation() of block entity PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BETreeHollowGrown@51552/123/50976: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Vintagestory.API.Client.ITesselatorAPI.TesselateShape(System.String, Vintagestory.API.Common.Shape, Vintagestory.API.Client.MeshData ByRef, Vintagestory.API.Client.ITexPositionSource, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3f, Int32, Byte, Byte, System.Nullable`1<Int32>, System.String[], Int32)'.
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BlockTreeHollowGrown.GenMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, String shapePath, ITexPositionSource texture, ITesselatorAPI tesselator)
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BETreeHollowGrown.OnTesselation(ITerrainMeshPool mesher, ITesselatorAPI tesselator)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.JsonTesselator.Tesselate(TCTCache vars). Block will probably not be rendered as intended.

2022-07-06_16-08-51.png

26 minutes ago, PhyDoesStuff said:

There are a couple issues I've found with the newest version, looks like there are some methods that aren't defined properly, which are causing exceptions and some goofy rendering. It's not stopping the game, just cluttering client-main.txt with a bunch of exceptions.

• Game version: 1.17.0-pre2
  • Mod Version: 3.0.1

Errors:

Trot line (screenshot of strange render attached)

6.7.2022 16:12:00 [Error] Exception thrown during OnTesselation() of block entity PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BELimbTrotLineLure@51429/111/51113: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Vintagestory.API.Client.ITesselatorAPI.TesselateShape(System.String, Vintagestory.API.Common.Shape, Vintagestory.API.Client.MeshData ByRef, Vintagestory.API.Client.ITexPositionSource, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3f, Int32, Byte, Byte, System.Nullable`1<Int32>, System.String[], Int32)'.
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BlockLimbTrotLineLure.GenMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, String shapePath, ITexPositionSource texture, Boolean alive)
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BELimbTrotLineLure.OnTesselation(ITerrainMeshPool mesher, ITesselatorAPI tesselator)

Tree hollow (haven't found the hollow in-game, so no screenshot available)

6.7.2022 16:12:02 [Error] Exception thrown during OnTesselation() of block entity PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BETreeHollowGrown@51552/123/50976: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Vintagestory.API.Client.ITesselatorAPI.TesselateShape(System.String, Vintagestory.API.Common.Shape, Vintagestory.API.Client.MeshData ByRef, Vintagestory.API.Client.ITexPositionSource, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3f, Int32, Byte, Byte, System.Nullable`1<Int32>, System.String[], Int32)'.
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BlockTreeHollowGrown.GenMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, String shapePath, ITexPositionSource texture, ITesselatorAPI tesselator)
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BETreeHollowGrown.OnTesselation(ITerrainMeshPool mesher, ITesselatorAPI tesselator)

2022-07-06_16-08-51.png

Yeah I noticed the same things.  I think you'll either need to (a) update your game to pre.3 or (b) downgrade Primitive Survival to 3.0.0.

EDIT:  Thanks for the detailed report btw.  Above and beyond!

Edited by Spear and Fang

Can confirm, the errors and weird rendering do go away when running (pre2 + PS 3.0.0) or (pre3 + PS 3.0.1).

Regarding the CTD I posted about end of June, I'm not seeing that issue in 2.9.5, 3.0.0, or 3.0.1, so I think that bug is squashed.

There is an issue in 3.0.x with an item name: the steel bucket handle's name is showing as "primitivesurvival:item-buckethandle-steel" instead of the expected "Bucket Handle (Steel)"

I'm glad my bug tickets are helpful! My day job paying dividends.

3 hours ago, PhyDoesStuff said:

Can confirm, the errors and weird rendering do go away when running (pre2 + PS 3.0.0) or (pre3 + PS 3.0.1).

Regarding the CTD I posted about end of June, I'm not seeing that issue in 2.9.5, 3.0.0, or 3.0.1, so I think that bug is squashed.

There is an issue in 3.0.x with an item name: the steel bucket handle's name is showing as "primitivesurvival:item-buckethandle-steel" instead of the expected "Bucket Handle (Steel)"

I'm glad my bug tickets are helpful! My day job paying dividends.

Glad it got sorted out, and thanks yet again - I've added that issue to my to-do list.  Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 1:40 PM, Spear and Fang said:

Yes, giving worms a little more tlc is on my to-do list, and has moved up the list now that I've added that worm grunter.  I definitely want to make them a more viable option to simply place on your farmland AND flesh out a better way of making worm castings.  But alas, my to-do list is long.

Just asking a quick question regarding this. For now, what's the best way to get worm castings?

Use a worm grunter to collect up a bunch of worms (like 20-30)...forest floor is the best for this but last time I did this I covered the floor of my house with med fert soil and did this at night in the comfort of my own home.

Then dig a couple/three one block holes.  The bottom of each hole needs to be soil (any soil will do).  Hoe it so it's farmland.  Place about 10 worms in the hole (it's easier to place them if you target the wall of the hole rather than the bottom).  It won't take long for 10 worms to convert that one block of farmland into worm castings.  Wait 5 seconds after the transformation for the worms to settle into the block of castings.  Either start picking up worms, or break the block of castings and jump in the hole to retrieve the worm casting fertilizer.  Pick up all the remaining worms.  Wash/rinse/repeat.

You can look at the farmland in the hole to see the progress.  When all the slow release fertilizers reach 150% the transformation happens.

Edited by Spear and Fang
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I am playing the game on a Mac. I have a windows, I just have a Mac thats easily accessible at the moment and installed it....I have nitrado server for Vintage Story and when I try and load the mod 'Primitive Survival' its crashing the game when it starts logging into the server, its the only mod I've attempted to install so far other than 1 other small one that didn't crash the game....seems its just this mod giving me the issue. I really want to use this mod....any suggestions? I'm putting it in the Vintage Story >data>Mods folder as a zip like I'm supposed to....Now there is another 'mods' folder further out of the directory under Vintage Story and it has the other 3 game base mods...that isn't where I put it though....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.