What is the best world seed?

Jamie Bleasdale

My son has been creating new worlds with weird food types of names, (such as Lemon Drops, or Orange Creampie) he says his favorite right now is Cranberry Puffcakes,  and he makes the seed the same as the name of the world so... Cranberry Puffcakes.

I asked him what he liked about it and he started it up and right nearby was a food vendor, and over to one side where he's trying to build a small dirt hut is a dual waterfall coming off a cliff, and he tells me there was plenty of flint but not a lot of trees too close by so he's been replanting trees that he gets seeds for (good boy).

I haven't a clue how the game works so not sure if another person using the same seed would spawn in the same first spawn point or not, so while he likes this seed, not sure if it would be the same for others.

• Like 1

I tried it while he was sleeping, I didn't see the same thing he showed me, I ended up on almost an island type of map so not sure if he spawned in the same place or the seeds produce the same maps etc. or if he showed me something in his game where he had already walked from spawn point or what.  I'd be interested to know if you spawn somewhere really close to a food vendor.

Edited by City Builder

@City Builder  Seeds can give different results, I hear, if the custom config settings are different between worlds.   Not sure if that's true, or if you had configs different from your son, but I've seen it said.  

Beyond that though, be aware that the only things that should be the same between seeds are the stone biomes, the topography, and the ore, rain, and other noise maps (which the player never sees).   The actual specific location of ores veins, traders (and types of traders), ruins (and types of ruins) trees, and even probably waterfalls, are all random even with the same seed.  So the general layout of the world should be the same, but the 'details' will not necessarily be.

I tried creating another world with the same seed as my exploration world so I could have it in creative mode to make it easier for me to prospect. When I entered the new world it looked nothing like the one I have in exploration mode.

Then I copied the save file and gave it a new name from within VS and that did what I wanted.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.