Something is not right..

Alessandro De Col

Ok i just left a world for a new one, searching for better luck.

the new one looks amazing, so i was quite happy with it, but i encounter some difficulty that i cant properly understand.

i've found a lot of native copper. i marked the precise spot of every stone i take for future mining. Than i come back with my brand new pickaxe full of expectation"

i broke it.  i found nothing, and i mean NOTHING.

From the spot i marked i dig 5x5 digging zone and start going down looking for copper. 

in the old world i do the same thing and i usually find some after the first stone layer.

here i dug up for like 10 block.! i said my self...ok maybe i did soemthing wrong while marking the area. so i move to my most recent marked zone.

same happen here, so i dig 3 huge holes, broke my only copper pickaxe  and litterally just have the inventory full of rocks

i started to dig straight DOWN  for 3 blocks , than jump over one and do it again, in hope to meet the ore-disc, after i didnt find anything  iclean the rest to be sure. after not find anything again, i enlarge the perimeter of 2 blocks..  in a nutshell i tryed everything i could think of. but for some rerason i cant find a single piece of ore, while in the previous wolrd i easly get 200.

About farming: i plant seed only in medium and high fertility soil. my farmland are usually surrounded by water. after few days some crops start to grow..but i notice a lot of empty spaces.. my plat just vanish?  i check the nutrient of the empty soil..and are full, nothing was consumed. so..is a bug? is there a new mechanic im not awere of ?

Rabbits are eating your crops. Fence them in, surround them by a trench or a wall, and other such things.

As for the copper deposit things... I can only speculate, since I didn't see your gameplay. Surface deposits may spawn as many as 10 blocks of rock (not counting dirt!) down. I also recommend marking the rough middle point of all the copper-bearing stones before you break them to collect the nuggets. Better chances of hitting the disc if you dig straight down in the center.

i didnt see rabbit in the middle of my lake but ill take your word for it! im gonna eat rabbit flesh tonight!

as for the mining. i did JUST THAT :( maybe i havent explain myself properly.

i create a column of dirt in the exact spot of the native copper. than i create a 5x5 with the column as center. THAN i tryed to go straight down to hit the disc. creating a chekboard(one space i dig, one space i dont) since i cant see anything i clear ALL the hole 5x5x5. since i cannot find anything still, i go 5 more down ALL cleared. and than i enlarged the hole. so in the end i got 6x6x10 dig site.

i dit it for like 3 times or so, and im back to square 1 since i used all my native copper to craft the tool, and now i got no copper and no tool :(

The copper problem sounds unusual.  You may want to copy the world file, go into creative mode, and do some more extensive searching.  The erase tool that replaces what you hit with air, in up to a 50 block raius, is especially helpful for this kind of thing.  If you find no copper that way, then something is definitely up.

Ok, i made that. ...guess what?

there was a HUGE and i mean HUGE copper disc....under the 10 rock level..

just ONE level after my pickaxe break. 

Anyway, why in creative is everything so misty?

and why the copper was SO deep? i can swear in the other world map is just under the first 1-2 layer of stone ??

Edited by Alessandro De Col
solved

6 hours ago, Streetwind said:

...surround them by a trench or a wall, and other such things

That's so immersive destroying. What if I'm trying to create a nice homestead? I don't want silly rabbit moats everywhere. If fences aren't good enough, then we need to be able to tame wolves so we can have watchdogs. Or let us craft varmint traps. Or something. Making our homesteads into weird parkour courses just rub me the wrong way.

actually i used the environment to make a trap.

i dig a hole 3x3x3 and put ONE floating block in the center with some good carrots planted

i wake up everyday and go check the hole. rabbits and drifters just waiting to be harvested.

i feel evil and somehow also good with  myself :)

Edited by Alessandro De Col
correcting typos

16 hours ago, Alessandro De Col said:

Taming hostile mob is now possible?

No, not yet possible.  One trader sells pups, another will buy them.  They're just a trade good (for now).  If you drop that pup you won't be able to pick him back up.   And he'll grow up into a wolf that wants to kill you.

8 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Fences are good enough in my save.

They're good enough once you have a saw.   In the stone age fences aren't an option yet, and you're left with moats and dirt walls.  Though another option is being worked on.  One that is not ugly or immersion-breaking.

Too bad.. but since they are an usefull source of fat.. i think investing in some pups can be a good idea.

about the fences.., i dont see how they can be immersion-breaking honestly(i though was a joke, thats why i suggest a volcano to keep away the hares)

anyway, since i dont want  to open a new topic, can someone also explain the "temporal stability " to me? it was not there last time i play this game.

what are this "bad things" that are suppose to happen if it get too low? (so far  i never seen it moving much, and it always go back and forth)

also...why ? what this thing has to be with the game? there are some new plot element i 'm suppose to read? (i'd love too if there are)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.