Better Drifters- Increased Danger and Loot.

Mr1k3

Better drifters is a mod dedicated to making drifters more notable as an enemy. Most importantly it scales up their models, adds new sounds, and a new nightmare drifter model, all in hopes to make them more intimidating. It also changes many aspects of their stats making them slightly less common but more dangerous, tweaks the loot tables to be slightly more generous to compensate, and adds a new weapon drop to high-end drifters, below are a deeper breakdown of the changes:

Heres my patreon if you'd like to support me: Patreon

Combat tweaks:

• Drifters have all had their health increased by a few hitpoints on the low end and progressively more as their tier increases.
  • Max spawn count for each drifter has been decreased by a large amount so there should be fewer drifter swarms and more 1-1 encounters but they should be more dangerous
  • All movement speeds (except surface) have been increased by a scaling amount depending on tier up to double speed
  • Drifter aggro/sight range now scales with tier from 14 blocks to 20
  • Now deal slightly more damage, the rate of attack has been slightly randomized and now scales with tier so harder tiers hit more often. Surface and deep drifters take a little longer time before they damage you in a swing so you have a a tiny bit more time to dodge them.
  • Chance to flee when hit has been reduced overall, means fewer cowardly drifters that wont finish what they started
  • Scaling with their larger models, each tier also has larger hit boxes to mach the size
  • MOST IMPORTANTLY:
  • The priority override for stone throwing has been fixed to make drifters not interrupt themselves with an absurdly high rate to throw stones, in addition to these next changes this means drifters will try to only throw stones at you when they cant reach you
  • The cooldown between thrown stones now scales with drifter tier but has been increased by 3x at the minimum and up to 8x at max, so drifters cant just spam stones but higher tier drifters can throw more often

Loot and cosmetics:

• Drifters have been tuned to have slightly more drops, added flax twine to loot tables and gave surface drifters a tiny chance to give rusty gears, flax fiber drops really commonly but the other drops have only been increased by a small amount
  • Harvest times with the knife have been cut in half
  • New weapon drop from corrupt, nightmare, and double headed drifters, rare chance to drop on the first two but the weapon offers lots of damage but does not have that many uses
  • Drifter size has been increased, surface/deep have had a 30% increase in size, double headed is 2x larger, and the rest have are increased by 50%
  • Nightmare drifter model tweak- now has many glowing eyes, don't stare into them for too long...
  • New sounds for all drifters, corrupt and up have reverb added to sound more otherworldly

Spoiler

drift2.thumb.png.7959c8ed109e23b46555103d42f8cd41.pngdrift3.png.27b3a9fa6b39c5aa13ca48bc3d909366.pngdrigt.png.69b06a2597013cbd5e023fd9eed72182.png

Downloads:

https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/547

Alternate hardcore version available in comments. Thanks to Thaliusfor making those changes. For those who want a even bigger challenge.

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 5

• Mr1k3 changed the title to Better Drifters- Increased Danger and Loot.
2 hours ago, Jessica O. said:

Do you think it would be too difficult to use this without Mystical Metals?

No, you could still use this mod in a vanilla setting without any problems. Since I have not increased the damage of any drifter, the only new thing that could be somewhat challenging would be the speed increase. The health boost would mean around 4 extra hits on a nightmare drifter with a steel sword, so while not super tanky you would feel it. But then again their spawn cap has been reduced, so you'd have fewer to deal with.

Love the direction you are going in with this. Tried it out without the Mystic Metals mod and am considering adding it to my server.

I did have a few questions/suggestions though, if I may.

I want to tweak a few things with regard to drifter types that will change battle up quite a bit- namely remove the ability to "pillar" up.  What I'd like to see in addition to what you have added here is the following:

• Extend attack range of tainted, corrupt, and nightmare drifters on random attacks to be able to hit a player standing on a two block pillar.  Not on every attack, but if they could randomly land a hit on a player that has pillar'd up, then standing on a two block pillar might give you an advantage, but is not entirely safe.
  • Allow deep drifters to be able to climb at least two blocks high.  They live in caves and have both hands free. Surely they have learned how to climb a bit.
  • Add a config file to allow adjusting loot drops. I like that the loot drops have been increased, but it feels a bit overpowered for what we would like on our server.  We may also want to be able to disable the blade drop on nightmare and corrupted drifters.

Glad to have the current changes you have brought. I have been considering trying to figure out a mod to do some of the same things you have in yours plus the changes I've put forward here, but it would feel a bit redundant.

Especially enjoy the larger sizes of the drifters, by the way. ;)

Hopefully submitted for your consideration...
~TH~

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings, all!

There is an update to the hardcore, Better_Drifters_Wilderlands_Version of this mod, which I am posting and will keep updated in this thread comment.
A big thank you to Mr1k3 for permission to do this! ;)

Main changes included in the updated hardcore version:

• Balancing of loot drops.
  • Adjustments to attack range of various drifters, both horizontally and vertically.
  • A few other fun surprises

Feel free to message me with any suggestions/questions, should you have any.

~TH~

Better_Drifters_Wilderlands_Version_1.1.0.zip

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Better_Drifters_Wilderlands_Version_1.2.0 is here!

On our server we found that temporal storms, as fun and creepy as they are, are too easy to grind with traps at no risk to the player if you do it right. This led to an imbalance in the server economy that either required nerfing loot drops hard or finding some way to make drifters un-farmable during storms.

I've tried various options to make them more difficult to farm via traps, but at this time and until we get a combat update with improved drifter ai this is simply not something that can be prevented.  We also tried nerfing the loot drops hard, but the result was that no one wanted to farm them anymore because it was not worth it, but it was also not worth the risk of hunting them down... so it was a lose-lose adjustment.

And so, the Wilderlands server has removed temporal storms for the reasons stated above, and opted to make drifter encounters more interesting over-all.

Enter Better Drifters Wilderlands Version 1.2.

Spoiler

This version is a major overhaul to drifter spawn mechanics along with some minor adjustments to ai and adjusting loot drops higher than the previous Wilderlands version release.

New Wilderlands version features the following:

Changes in spawn conditions

• Deep, tainted and corrupt drifters will spawn all the way down to mantle, and tainted drifters will spawn higher up than before.
  • Nightmare drifters will also spawn higher up.
  • Corrupt "deer horn" drifters can spawn anywhere now from the mantle to the surface, though they have had their spawn rates heavily reduced.
  • All drifters now have their spawn rates set "ByType", so some have a higher spawn rate than others.
  • Over-all result is that drifter populations increase the closer you get to the mantle, and will include all types of drifters that spawn underground.  Players will have a slight chance of encountering corrupt, "deer horn" drifters at the surface, and so they will need to keep their eyes open for those as well.

Adjustments to drifter ai and combat mechanics

• Most drifters now have the option to occasionally launch a leaping attack. Some use it more often than others, so you'll have to learn their ways and be on guard for that. ;)
  • Surface drifters are a bit faster.
  • All drifters are less likely to flee on damage until you have inflicted a significant amount of hurt on them, higher tier drifters being tougher, of course.
  • All drifters can reach you on a two block pillar, though the surface and deep drifters can only reach you if you are very close to the edge. Drifters with weapons can reach you easier, and corrupt "deer horn" drifters can reach you three blocks high.  Horizontal range has also been increased slightly.
  • Health points of deep and tainted drifters have been adjusted a bit higher.

Adjustments to drop rates, and other misc changes

• Drop rates have been adjusted higher in light of removing temporal storms from the server. They are worth hunting again.
  • Nightmare blade has had it's durability set to 300.
  • Deep drifters no longer climb. The graphics for that are a work in progress but not ready yet, and will not be so simple to implement.  Watching them climb under the current graphics just looks bad, so that has been removed until it can be properly worked in.

Better Drifters Wilderlands Version 1.3  release

Changes:
Adjustments to drifter spawn conditions, ai, and combat mechanics

• -Corrupt drifters will spawn much less frequently and will be more of a surface minor-boss entity.
  • Nightmare drifters will spawn MUCH less frequently and will be more of an underworld minor-boss entity, and will spawn anywhere underground, from mantle to close to sea level.
  • Tainted drifters will spawn above and below ground.
  • Tainted, Corrupt, and Nightmare drifters have had their light level requirements for spawning set at or very near to zero.
  • Corrupt and Nightmare drifters have had their health points increased.
  • Deep drifters will be the underground counterparts to surface drifters, and will spawn regularly and all the way down to mantle.
  • All drifters have had some edits to their attack timing. This will take some getting used to. They are harder to dodge.
  • All drifters will have a new "rage mode". When triggered, attack speeds, leaping attack chances, and damage ramp up a bit.
  • All drifters have had their spawn rates reduced, due to the increased threat they pose.

As always, feel free to message me with questions or comments.
~TH~

Version 1.3.1 released.

Fixed:

• A speed issue with Corrupt and Nightmare drifters has been addressed, where an error was made that basically gave them super speed when a certain seeking ai triggered.

Tweaks:

• Adjustments to health points of certain drifters.
  • Adjustments to animations of some seeking and melee ai tasks.

Better_Drifters_Wilderlands_Version_1.2.0.zip

Better_Drifters_WV_1.3.0.zip

Beter_Drifters_WV_1.3.1.zip

Edited by Thalius

2.0.2 changes:

• Enabled new drifter sounds, should be much more pronounced so you can better tell when drifters are near. Also now they have a very distinct aggro sound so you can learn when one is about to charge.
  • Slightly reduced spawn sizes and chance for lesser drifters so hopefully constant swarms from nowhere are less likely, mixed with their buffs should still have similar difficulty.
  • Now uses a patch rather than a full file replace, hopefully everything works but sometimes the modmaker does weird stuff so let me know if something isn't right. But as a plus other mods that modify drifters should work with this mod.
Edited by Mr1k3

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely makes combat and looting drifters a lot more enjoyable, though I feel like the speed increase could do with some tweaking. If not else, it makes the higher tier drifters match what their walk animation would imply even less than usual. Interestingly, the speed difference between drifters actually makes fighting groups easier because they don't become one large blob of pain but instead split into smaller groups. I'll actually count that as a win for the mod, because fighting groups of drifters is never mechanically fun.

Have you ever tried to flip the speed bonuses? Making weaker drifters faster while leaving the harder ones slow. It could change the feel of combat, where strong drifters are even more like bosses that dish out damage but can be dodged, while weaker ones act like ads during said bossfight that pester you. Same goes for how often they throw stones. Stronger drifters prefer to focus on using their weapons while weaker ones would rather toss a handful of stones first before going in.

The (very) recently increased sword damage does offset the health increases you've applied so that's needing to be updated. As long as they don't become too tanky, it should be all good. Having to hit a drifter more than 6 times (with a steel sword) is very tedious, even with the decreased max group sizes.

The dropped blades are nice, though I feel like their durability is still way too high for the damage and range they have. And I tend to get between 1 and 2 every temporal storm, so spreading an average of 900 hits over 10-12 days isn't hard at all, even if I spelunk for the majority of them.

Edited by Vincent Morgan

3 hours ago, Vincent Morgan said:

Definitely makes combat and looting drifters a lot more enjoyable, though I feel like the speed increase could do with some tweaking. If not else, it makes the higher tier drifters match what their walk animation would imply even less than usual. Interestingly, the speed difference between drifters actually makes fighting groups easier because they don't become one large blob of pain but instead split into smaller groups. I'll actually count that as a win for the mod, because fighting groups of drifters is never mechanically fun.

Have you ever tried to flip the speed bonuses? Making weaker drifters faster while leaving the harder ones slow. It could change the feel of combat, where strong drifters are even more like bosses that dish out damage but can be dodged, while weaker ones act like ads during said bossfight that pester you. Same goes for how often they throw stones. Stronger drifters prefer to focus on using their weapons while weaker ones would rather toss a handful of stones first before going in.

The (very) recently increased sword damage does offset the health increases you've applied so that's needing to be updated. As long as they don't become too tanky, it should be all good. Having to hit a drifter more than 6 times (with a steel sword) is very tedious, even with the decreased max group sizes.

The dropped blades are nice, though I feel like their durability is still way too high for the damage and range they have. And I tend to get between 1 and 2 every temporal storm, so spreading an average of 900 hits over 10-12 days isn't hard at all, even if I spelunk for the majority of them.

Thanks for the in depth feedback! Yeah those seem like some interesting things to consider, the biggest thing that needs to be fine tuned is definitely the stone throwing, now that I fixed the priority override I have way more control over the rates that they throw stones, and since the damage is hard-coded that does seem like a good idea to make lower tier drifters throw more often. 

I've also tried to be very careful with the health changes this time around, I've mainly based it around hits to kill with an iron sword but as always it needs to be tested more to make sure it feels right.

Yeah I guess power creep has kind of made the nightmare blade too strong, so I'll probably hit its damage and range slightly, but also its durability. The drop rates are about 1% less on each drifter now but now you can get them at a 20% off of double headed ones so their availability just went up too. Still want to have it as a decent high damage weapon, but it should really have a way lower durability.

Been fighting them in both open fields and down in the caves and I keep running into the issue where I keep thinking I'll get hit but then I don't because they have less range than they show. Pretty sure it has something to do with their upscaled size. Makes it difficult to make out how far they actually reach, which while I can deal with, really drives home the point that they might be a bit too large for their own good. Tainted and corrupt drifters still feel alright, but nightmare and double-headed ones are way too big. Because of their size, they also feel weak somehow, because they don't take that many hits to bring down (Compared to what their size would imply). But making them any tankier would make them annoying to fight. Instead of looking more intimidating because of how large they are, they instead feel more fragile than they should be and it makes judging how far they can reach harder than it usually is. I think that cutting the size increased in half across the board would only do good for the player.

The eyes on the nightmare drifters is a really good addition. It's both creepy but also makes it really clear which drifter is a nightmare one from very far away. I think that's good design. For now double-headed drifters are also easy to tell apart from a crown simply because of how large they are.

The new sounds are far less annoying than the vanilla ones, but sometimes they still play way too often. Though this is a hard issue to tackle because while I hate having drifters moan outside my doors, I need to hear them while I'm down in the caves otherwise they keep sneaking up on me. I really wish footsteps for animals and drifters get added already.

The speed increases to drifters could be reduced as well, especially for the highest tiers. I'm not saying they're too fast in general, you can outsprint them even in plate armor. Issue is that it caves, you have pretty much no time to react or run away from a nightmare drifter. Combine that with the fact they do a ton of damage and have a ton of knockback, it feels a bit cheap. Even more so if they fling you into lava, which they can definitely do. You see nightmare drifters around pools of lava mostly anyway.

And while I don't mind double-headed drifters having a damage tier of 5, increased the damage tiers of the rest is a really good way to make me NOT want to fight them because I spent far too long on my armor set to have it thrashed after 5 hits from a nightmare drifter. It feels like you're being punished for having a good armor set because you still take a lot of damage (Lets not forget steel armor is protection tier 4) and your armor also gets shredded (Steel not so much, but 250 durability off of iron per hit is stupid). If people want drifters to do more damage, they can use the creatureStrength value for that. Bumping their damage tier up only punishes players that decided to invest in a set of armor so they don't have to constantly run away and instead take a hit or two. This doesn't apply to the double-headed ones which I think spawn only during temporal storms so I see them as boss encounters.

Asking players to make steel armor only so that they have a set that will last against nightmare drifters doesn't seem very cash money. Especially with how hard and slow getting steel is.

4 hours ago, Vincent Morgan said:

Been fighting them in both open fields and down in the caves and I keep running into the issue where I keep thinking I'll get hit but then I don't because they have less range than they show. Pretty sure it has something to do with their upscaled size. Makes it difficult to make out how far they actually reach, which while I can deal with, really drives home the point that they might be a bit too large for their own good. Tainted and corrupt drifters still feel alright, but nightmare and double-headed ones are way too big. Because of their size, they also feel weak somehow, because they don't take that many hits to bring down (Compared to what their size would imply). But making them any tankier would make them annoying to fight. Instead of looking more intimidating because of how large they are, they instead feel more fragile than they should be and it makes judging how far they can reach harder than it usually is. I think that cutting the size increased in half across the board would only do good for the player.

The eyes on the nightmare drifters is a really good addition. It's both creepy but also makes it really clear which drifter is a nightmare one from very far away. I think that's good design. For now double-headed drifters are also easy to tell apart from a crown simply because of how large they are.

The new sounds are far less annoying than the vanilla ones, but sometimes they still play way too often. Though this is a hard issue to tackle because while I hate having drifters moan outside my doors, I need to hear them while I'm down in the caves otherwise they keep sneaking up on me. I really wish footsteps for animals and drifters get added already.

The speed increases to drifters could be reduced as well, especially for the highest tiers. I'm not saying they're too fast in general, you can outsprint them even in plate armor. Issue is that it caves, you have pretty much no time to react or run away from a nightmare drifter. Combine that with the fact they do a ton of damage and have a ton of knockback, it feels a bit cheap. Even more so if they fling you into lava, which they can definitely do. You see nightmare drifters around pools of lava mostly anyway.

And while I don't mind double-headed drifters having a damage tier of 5, increased the damage tiers of the rest is a really good way to make me NOT want to fight them because I spent far too long on my armor set to have it thrashed after 5 hits from a nightmare drifter. It feels like you're being punished for having a good armor set because you still take a lot of damage (Lets not forget steel armor is protection tier 4) and your armor also gets shredded (Steel not so much, but 250 durability off of iron per hit is stupid). If people want drifters to do more damage, they can use the creatureStrength value for that. Bumping their damage tier up only punishes players that decided to invest in a set of armor so they don't have to constantly run away and instead take a hit or two. This doesn't apply to the double-headed ones which I think spawn only during temporal storms so I see them as boss encounters.

Asking players to make steel armor only so that they have a set that will last against nightmare drifters doesn't seem very cash money. Especially with how hard and slow getting steel is.

1.16 added two very similar sounds for a hit being mitigated and a drifter swinging, they might actually be the same sound, so you are probably thinking the swing sound means you got hit, I'll experiment with changing the sounds in this regard

Footstep sounds have been on my list of thing to experiment around with but im not entirely sure if its possible to add them to the game with how sounds are picked to play, I also could decrease the rate at which surface drifters make sounds and increase the others, this should be possible and could mostly solve your concern, though the surface drifters will be more sneaky as a result

I'll test some speed changes

I've left the damage tier untouched from its vanilla settings, I also share your sentiment with expensive armors crumbling to high damage tiers, will test some lowering of damage tiers but also increasing damage to some?

Also I'll be testing some changes to stone throwing rates, as you've stated before weak drifters should try to whittle down your hp with those low damage rocks but higher tier drifters should run in and try to use their melee

My apologies, I meant for footsteps for NPCs to be added in general by Tyron. I didn't mean for you to add them.

And I do know the new swing sounds for drifters, but not what I meant. To me, I just have a hard time evaluating how close I can safely get to a drifter for a swing at them. As in, visually percieve their attack range, because I'm pretty sure that while their models are larger, their reach is the same as it used to be. Maybe I'm just looking way to deep into it, but since the whole point of the mod is to add challenge, I feel it's alright to mention things I feel make said challenge needlessly hard in weird ways. Same goes for speed: I'm not saying what's already in is bad, I'm just spitballing ideas that might improve combat flow even more. And to also make different tiers of drifters more distinct rather than just "Hur-dur I do more damage"

And I'm extremely sorry about the damage tiers. I was pretty sure nightmare drifters were a damage tier of 4, but perhaps the latest game version changed that? I've just never liked the idea of having a nightmare drifter chunk off 50-100 durability off of my armor just because it's made of iron, which is literally the second highest tier armor.

Thanks and good luck.

23 minutes ago, Vincent Morgan said:

My apologies, I meant for footsteps for NPCs to be added in general by Tyron. I didn't mean for you to add them.

And I do know the new swing sounds for drifters, but not what I meant. To me, I just have a hard time evaluating how close I can safely get to a drifter for a swing at them. As in, visually percieve their attack range, because I'm pretty sure that while their models are larger, their reach is the same as it used to be. Maybe I'm just looking way to deep into it, but since the whole point of the mod is to add challenge, I feel it's alright to mention things I feel make said challenge needlessly hard in weird ways. Same goes for speed: I'm not saying what's already in is bad, I'm just spitballing ideas that might improve combat flow even more. And to also make different tiers of drifters more distinct rather than just "Hur-dur I do more damage"

And I'm extremely sorry about the damage tiers. I was pretty sure nightmare drifters were a damage tier of 4, but perhaps the latest game version changed that? I've just never liked the idea of having a nightmare drifter chunk off 50-100 durability off of my armor just because it's made of iron, which is literally the second highest tier armor.

Thanks and good luck.

Actually now that I'm looking it seems 1.16 reduced the protection tiers of armors all down by 1, wow that's a pretty big change that went unnoticed. Thats why their doing so much damage to armor now...

Looks like enemy attack tier got reduced too in vanilla, this mod was still still using their old values

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 1

2.1.3-

• drifters swing sound replaced with a swoosh rather than a thump
  • upped temporal stability gain on kill slightly
  • adjusted deerhorn, nightmare, and double headed walk animations, now instead of clipping a bit into the ground they now drag their blades behind them when they walk, sort of like the pyramid head from silent hill
  • health slightly lowered on all but double headed, and corrupt drifter which have had a slight increase
  • reduced damage tiers to their vanilla counterparts, since I didn't know all protection values dropped by 1
  • drifters now deal damage to you sooner in their swing, was 600ms now 500ms, vanilla is 400ms. adjusted animations.
  • double headed drifter is now a bit slower, and attacks a little slower too
  • stone throwing cooldowns have been reversed, lower tier drifters will throw stones more frequently than higher ones which will try to close the gap for a melee attack, minimum cooldown is set to at least 3x vanilla, so they wont spam them, still has the priority override to fix that too
  • slightly lowered nightmare drifter speed
  • AI changes- disabled "despair" idle since it had inherent animation issues, like drifters being able to hit you with no animation. Reduced wander priorities and added many cancel on hurt checks to other idle stuff, added new "evade" tactic for all but the double headed drifter, the chance for such is also higher the more dangerous the drifter, this evasion just means instead of mostly standing still/walking slowly around when getting hit until their attack is off cooldown, they should now start to move at their top move speed in some direction, this is the closest thing I can implement to them evading attacks and should make them a little more interesting to fight.
  • tweaked around with some drop chances of flax fibers, should drop more commonly, but at same rate. removed it from corrupt and nightmare drifters which now have a much higher chance to give twine, should save on those precious 4 slots which if they go over all items show up as invisible when harvesting which is a game issue
  • reduced normal and deep drifter max spawns by 1
  • upped idle sound range, drifters now make more sound the more dangerous they are, reduced normal drifter idle sound chance. The primary amount of noise these guys make is their aggro sound which I cannot adjust the frequency of, only able to turn it on or off.
  • reduced damage, range, and durability of nightmare blade, upped drop chance very slightly

Personally Ithink the last set of changes has been nothing short of spectacular. I updated just in time for a temporal storm and had a great time. Movement speed on open terrain is fair but keeps you on your toes. Haven't tested cave fighting yet, but as long as you don't fight them on uneven terrain you should be fine.

The animation change for bladed drifters is absolutely badass and I love every bit of it. A very good example of "Less is more" and makes them more visually distinct.

The stat adjustments to the blade seem a lot more balanced now. It's stronger than a vanilla steel sword, and even some modded weapons, but the very low durability makes it feel like a temporary powerup which feels good. It's no longer the end-all-be-all solution to weapon choice, but more of a reward for hunting big game. I wonder if in the future you could expand it in some way, like forging handles onto the blades you get so you can make different weapons. If you think about it, the blade is basically a scrap weapon. You could definitely think about incorporating the weak early-game scrap weapons and weapon kits into the blade somehow. Blade spears? Forging a handle onto the thing gives it more durability? Welding blades to your armor so you can have very punk looking shoulders. Or make yourself a unicorn. Alright, those last ones were a joke.

A double headed drifter also did the impossible and dropped two temporal gears stacked together. What a pleasant surprise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vincent Morgan said:

Personally Ithink the last set of changes has been nothing short of spectacular. I updated just in time for a temporal storm and had a great time. Movement speed on open terrain is fair but keeps you on your toes. Haven't tested cave fighting yet, but as long as you don't fight them on uneven terrain you should be fine.

The animation change for bladed drifters is absolutely badass and I love every bit of it. A very good example of "Less is more" and makes them more visually distinct.

The stat adjustments to the blade seem a lot more balanced now. It's stronger than a vanilla steel sword, and even some modded weapons, but the very low durability makes it feel like a temporary powerup which feels good. It's no longer the end-all-be-all solution to weapon choice, but more of a reward for hunting big game. I wonder if in the future you could expand it in some way, like forging handles onto the blades you get so you can make different weapons. If you think about it, the blade is basically a scrap weapon. You could definitely think about incorporating the weak early-game scrap weapons and weapon kits into the blade somehow. Blade spears? Forging a handle onto the thing gives it more durability? Welding blades to your armor so you can have very punk looking shoulders. Or make yourself a unicorn. Alright, those last ones were a joke.

A double headed drifter also did the impossible and dropped two temporal gears stacked together. What a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for the complements! I hope the drifters are acting a bit more in combat though, and not just standing around as much. I have not tested much in an actual game outside of some testing in a creative world. If I were to expand on the blades it would probably go into a compatibility patch with weaponpack since that's outside the scope of this particular mod, and I prefer (and from my inquiries the players do as well) to keep mods concise to a general topic or idea.

The double headed drifter in vanilla has an average of 1 variant of 0.4 chance to drop a temporal gear which is really weird because its the only stat that when set to 1 does not have 100% drop rate, so I left in the 0.4 chance otherwise more often they would not drop one, also seems to get affected by my temporal gear drop rate in moreclasses meaning they can drop like 3 sometimes, so just a weird case in general.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.