Xandus Inventory Tweaks

Xandu

Xandus Inventory Tweaks provides a collection of small tweaks to improve the inventory handling. You can configure in a generated file which parts of the mod you want to use. To use the bulk operations configurations the mod must be installed on the server, too.
All other features should work if the mod is installed on the client only.

Auto-Sorting: The mod adds a configurable key (default: Z/Y), that can be used to fast sort items in inventories or to automatically sort items into open chests.

Shortkeys:

• Z: Sorts items from your inventory into chests that already contain these item types. Works with multiple chests at once.
  • Z+Shift: Sorts items in open containers by their id.
  • Z+Ctrl: Pulls items out of open chests into your inventory.
  • Ctrl+left mouse: Allows you to transfer all items up to a specific slot of the same item type to an open container.
  • Shift+Wheel: Allows you to push single items into open containers and to pull single items from open containers.

Item-Switching: A lot of items can be automatically be swapped into your hotbar after you used the last item of a stack. This even works for broken tools. Additionally, used tools in your crafting grid will be switched as well.

Configureable bulk operations: Allows you to configure how many items you want to use in bulk storage operations, such as placing down or taking from item piles, at once.

Let me know if I missed anything important that you would like to be added.

Installation

As any other mods just download the .zip folders and put them into your games mod folder.

Downloads

Xandus Inventory Tweaks

Edited by Xandu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 9:46 PM, Travis Pluid said:

Any chance that Second Hotbar could be made dependent on equipment, such as a toolbelt?

@Travis Pluid, as mentioned above i will probably add this to an another mod i am currently working on. But this mod is intended to add only this small feature without any conditions.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 5:46 AM, Xandu said:

@Travis Pluid, as mentioned above i will probably add this to an another mod i am currently working on. But this mod is intended to add only this small feature without any conditions.

Perhaps you could start with only the normal hotbar, and by traveling a while with a filled inventory you could gain xp in a carrying/stowing/organization skill?  you could also add stack boosts as an option (a % modifier would be the most compatible), ability to pool similar resources, unlocking multiple hotbars/bag slots, move speed, jump height, pick up range, and so forth.  maybe the single row version is the default of your "waist pouch slot", and you can craft tool belts, utili-kilts, cargo aprons, and the like to get more rows you can toggle through.  just some ideas that seem friendly with your other mod, the request, and the feel of this mod as is.

On 11/3/2020 at 5:46 AM, Xandu said:

Perhaps you could start with only the normal hotbar, and by traveling a while with a filled inventory you could gain xp in a carrying/stowing/organization skill?  you could also add stack boosts as an option (a % modifier would be the most compatible), ability to pool similar resources, unlocking multiple hotbars/bag slots, move speed, jump height, pick up range, and so forth.  maybe the single row version is the default of your "waist pouch slot", and you can craft tool belts, utili-kilts, cargo aprons, and the like to get more rows you can toggle through.  just some ideas that seem friendly with your other mod, the request, and the feel of this mod as is.

On 11/30/2020 at 4:55 AM, infinitetech said:

Hi, thank you for your ideas. This sounds very interesting.A few things i have already planned. I think the most interesting thing is the stack boosts. I think the stack boosts are very interesting but could be quite complicated to implement.

18 hours ago, Xandu said:

Hi, thank you for your ideas. This sounds very interesting.A few things i have already planned. I think the most interesting thing is the stack boosts. I think the stack boosts are very interesting but could be quite complicated to implement.

yeah, i could see that being the case, im sure there is some way to run a thing to swap the profile's active stack number list to a new one and have a list autogenerate to play well with mods by reading the previous current number, however i have not looked at the exact coding they use for it yet so that has a 30/70 of being easy/hell to code haha

• Xandu changed the title to Farmland Drops/Second Hotbar/Tool Switch

Hey. I updated XToolsSwitch to version 1.1.

XToolSwitch can now also switch other things than tools. It can switch various items and blocks. I added a config file where you can configure what item switches you want to enable. Let me know if you think i missed something importend that you want to be switched arround, too.

Edited by Xandu
  • Like 1

• Xandu changed the title to Farmland Drops/Second Hotbar/Xandus Inventory Tweaks
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this! I have a couple of requests for Xandus Inventory Tweaks that I miss from modded Minecraft:

1. Mouse scrolling to move single items between inventories (I think this was added by NEI.) For example, mousing over a stack in your inventory and then scrolling down 3 "clicks" would push 3 items from that stack into an open chest's inventory. Scrolling up 1 "click" would pull 1 back. I can't remember whether up or down was the standard for pull or push, but maybe it should be configurable?

2. Holding a key and clicking to move a stack into my crafting grid. I'm used to using W and S to move stacks "up" and "down" through the crafting grid, inventory, and action bar, but since W and S still cause you to move with your inventory open, I don't think they would be good keys to use.

4 hours ago, goxmeor said:

Thank you for this! I have a couple of requests for Xandus Inventory Tweaks that I miss from modded Minecraft:

1. Mouse scrolling to move single items between inventories (I think this was added by NEI.) For example, mousing over a stack in your inventory and then scrolling down 3 "clicks" would push 3 items from that stack into an open chest's inventory. Scrolling up 1 "click" would pull 1 back. I can't remember whether up or down was the standard for pull or push, but maybe it should be configurable?

2. Holding a key and clicking to move a stack into my crafting grid. I'm used to using W and S to move stacks "up" and "down" through the crafting grid, inventory, and action bar, but since W and S still cause you to move with your inventory open, I don't think they would be good keys to use.

try using the number keys for items in the hotbar to get an effect like the second option, sadly only works with hotbar though

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 12:21 AM, goxmeor said:

Thank you for your suggestions. But this seems to be much harder to implement then the things i have done so far. I put it on my to do list and maybe add a it later.

On 4/14/2021 at 9:17 PM, Craluminum said:

I suggest "Take All" for creature inventories, to instantly take all items from them

This one is on my todo list now, too.

• Like 2

I'm getting a crash when using Z to sort into a chest multiple stacks of food(berries, vegetables, etc) with different freshness times remaining.

I tried removing all other mods and it still happens. I tried a fresh world with only this mod and it still crashes.

It doesn't pop up an error, just freezes. I checked the log files and the only thing I can find is in server-debug.txt it repeats this line over and over filling up the file at about 3mb per second until you end the process.

23.4.2021 23:15:19 [VerboseDebug] Deviator moved 0xCranberry from backpack-/jcSd4bPUX3CobucHaC3qh0F to chest-512960/174/511706

5 hours ago, Deviator said:

I'm getting a crash when using Z to sort into a chest multiple stacks of food(berries, vegetables, etc) with different freshness times remaining.

I tried removing all other mods and it still happens. I tried a fresh world with only this mod and it still crashes.

It doesn't pop up an error, just freezes. I checked the log files and the only thing I can find is in server-debug.txt it repeats this line over and over filling up the file at about 3mb per second until you end the process.

23.4.2021 23:15:19 [VerboseDebug] Deviator moved 0xCranberry from backpack-/jcSd4bPUX3CobucHaC3qh0F to chest-512960/174/511706

It seems there is a problem with food.

1 hour ago, GlassCannon Gaming said:

I'm having an issue when moving the active slot on the hotbar, if the slot I'm moving to is empty it will pull the item in the previous slot. It happens when scrolling or hitting the hotkey for the empty slot.

This is strange. This shouldn't happen. I may understand something wrong. But as i understand it this does not happen for me. So i cannot reproduce this. Did you have done something special on your side? Any other mods that do things with the hot bar or specific game settings?

1 hour ago, Xandu said:

This is strange. This shouldn't happen. I may understand something wrong. But as i understand it this does not happen for me. So i cannot reproduce this. Did you have done something special on your side? Any other mods that do things with the hot bar or specific game settings?

Your right, it is an interaction with one of the other mods I use. I should have tested before I came to the forums but I figured it had to do with your mod because it was an issue with what your mod does. Sorry to waste your time.

Edited by GlassCannon Gaming

17 minutes ago, GlassCannon Gaming said:

Your right, it is an interaction with one of the other mods I use. I should have tested before I came to the forums but I figured it had to do with your mod because it was an issue with what your mod does. Sorry to waste your time.

Which other mod? Would be interesting to know. Maybe i can fix it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.