Helping The Old Player

tony Liberatto

Even though there are a lot of young players, there are also a lot of old guys that play VS.

I usually only need glasses for reading and do not wear them to play my games.

I Noticed that some of the ores are really hard to see, depending on the rock. One example is Zinc on Granite.

Would it be possible to make the ores more visible?

I am pretty sure not to be alone in this. 

Ya, the specific zinc in granite case has been brought up before, and I think it was pretty much said it was an intended 'challenge' at the time, but I'll just second this sentiment.  I don't think camouflage ore is really the kind of challenge most players are interested in.

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a feeling my eyes sometimes have too much stress in VS.

1. Low gamma at nights. It would be ok if I was playing in a dark room, but often I play with some sun and light outside and I don't see a thing. The .clientconfig and macroses via copygirl's video helped with this.
  2. Low contrast signs. They are quite dark and the text is black, so I have to come very close to read them, even in my lighted house.
  3. Low contrast in other things, e.g. with tools on toolracks. Tools are kinda brownish, rack is brownish and all the starting blocks to place toolrack are brownish. So until I have quartz blocks from ruins ... And actually using quartz blocks only because I need contrast would spoil my interior.
  4. Fourth would be the blur, but I switched it off, just could not play with it, it felt like my vision is damaged.

Theme packs can be made to help out textures you are having trouble with pop out. Milo just updated the wiki section on how to make them. I may make one for ore in the near future. As for nights, they are supposed to be dark and require light to see. If you can go into a dark cave and see anything in it without a light then it's too bright. I'll add white tool racks as well.

Archived