Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

6 hours ago, Ledyanaya Sonya said:

Found some bugs:

1) The game crashes if you accidentally right-click on screwpress with an item that can't be pressed.

2) Trying to open GUI of a barrel with oil in it also causes game to crash.

3) When cooking in a pot, temperature never raises higher than 200, so the food cooks awfully slow.

4) Some new foods refuse to stack in output slot of a firepit, so you need to constantly remove cooked food items to sustain the process.

5) Birch sap just EVAPORATES from sausepans.

#1 has been fixed, thanks to Jake.
#2 should not be happening in 1.3.4 and I cannot replicate it. All the oil looks fine in barrels.
#3 is just how the pot works. That's not something I'm going to change.
#4 I haven't been able to replicate either. What foods were having this issue?
#5 I was able to... sort of replicate. I spawned a birch tree in creative and stuck a spile into it and a saucepan underneath it and fast-forwarded to January. At first, it said I had a liter of birch sap in the pan but the sap was invisible, then I picked it up and the saucepan registered as 'empty'. Once I removed it and placed a new pan down, it worked fine... although it seems to be gathering sap much quicker than the last time I tested it.

8 hours ago, GlassCannon Gaming said:

Is the only way to make vinegar now is to use the fruit juice? After installing the update all my barrels turned from vinegar in progress to fresh berries in a barrel. I also can't seal them back up.

Yeah, it makes a bit more sense that you have to get juice out of the berries before you can make new liquids with them. I do wish there was a way to make it so that if you seal berry juice for 14 days you get wine, but for 28 days you get vinegar. Unfortunately, one of those recipes overrides the other, so you have to seal wine back up to make vinegar. Sorry.

Edited by l33tmaan

ok, I just tested on cooking dumplings and berry bread, both of which used to do #4 and that has been fixed in 1.3.4, so updating their version of the mod should help that :)

*edit* btw l33tmaan, I used to be able to remove a portion of liquid from a cooking pot or the mixing bowl by right clicking it with an empty bottle or bucket...did you remove that ability on purpose? I end up having to either pick up the pot or bowl if the liquid doesn't work in something I'm trying and wasting it instead of just rebottling it

Edited by Lisabet

Updated to 1.3.4 and had also sap evaporate on me

Additionally to that I managed to duplicate sap from saucepans by picking up with a bucket, I got 28 liter in one bucket from 3 sauce pans that were filled with about 1-2 liter each

And cooking the sap in the saucepan no longer works for me

The Progress bar "cold" is just gone despite saying "will cook into Syrup"

sap.PNG

Only used the Super coal here to see how it works , but neither coal , charcoal or firewood or this worked temperature wise ( which was what I assumed was maybe causing an issue)

EDIT : 
Downgraded to 1.3.3 and it works again

Edited by Cryorus The Dragon

4 minutes ago, Cryorus The Dragon said:

Updated to 1.3.4 and had also sap evaporate on me

Additionally to that I managed to duplicate sap from saucepans by picking up with a bucket, I got 28 liter in one bucket from 3 sauce pans that were filled with about 1-2 liter each

And cooking the sap in the saucepan no longer works for me

The Progress bar "cold" is just gone despite saying "will cook into Syrup"

sap.PNG

Only used the Super coal here to see how it works , but neither coal , charcoal or firewood or this worked temperature wise ( which was what I assumed was maybe causing an issue)

I screwed up that quote lol

Cryorus, I noticed the same with the saucepan but it works differently after the last update; you need to put the sap in the slots now instead of having it in the pan as we used to; still a 4:1 ratio, just left click in one of the four spots until you've used up your liquid

Edited by Lisabet

2 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

I screwed up that quote lol

Cryorus, I noticed the same with the saucepan but it works differently after the last update; you need to put the sap in the slots now instead of having it in the pan as we used to; still a 4:1 ratio, just left click in one of the four spots until you've used up your liquid

Did that too and nothing at all was showing in the top of the cooking pit 

Sauce pan on the fire place and added in the variation : 4 in first slot and 1 in each slot 
Nothing happened
Adding the sap into the pan on the ground and then the pan on the fire didnt do anything either

no, I assumed it would work that way too; put the 4 portions in just one slot not all 4 slots (when I did mine I had 40 portions in the first slot)

tbh, it's become a bit more complicated but still useful once you figure it out lol

Edited by Lisabet

ok, that's odd; I did maple syrup last night just fine that way; let me check the tree to see if there's more sap for me to try with again

*edit* not yet, only 0.5; but I'll update here if I get it working in a bit

Edited by Lisabet

I was able to get it to work just fine this time; not sure what your issue is....do you happen to still have some sap in the saucepan the old way that doesn't show in the first two parts of the screenshot? or is it entirely empty before you put the 4 portions in?

saptosyrup.png

Edited by Lisabet

I...... 
I dont know HOW , I dont know WHY 
But after I had a look into the zip files and item types to compare 1.3.3 and 1.3.4 if there was a hint to why this would happen.... 
It loged back into the world to a functioning sauce pan... And the maple syrup was done when I logged in. 

Either there was some REAL funky desync going on or something else

Aftert typing the above I placed a new saucepan with new birch sap... it immediately started cooking

I have absolutely not the foggiest why this is now working

• Haha 1

No you understood right , I thought it worked but the game didnt update the description from 1.3.4 to 1.3.3 , so I got my sap on 1.3.3

Anyway

Created new world with no other mods besides Expanded foods 1.3.4 
Same issue as I described before. 

Out of curiosity : What game version are you using  ? Mine is still running on 1.4.8 as the mod info says thats the compatible one

Update : 
1.4.8 is the culprit ( at least for me )
I updated to 1.4.10 and the recipe for sap in the first slot works while cooking the sap in the saucepan from the tree directly on fireplace no longer shows anything

BUT : 
I can generate sap out of thin air 
https://clips.twitch.tv/BeautifulAwkwardPlumberPeoplesChamp-Bwkm69e2U7JxYP88
Same works in survival and I am now at 37 L of sap in the bucket and filled saucepans on the ground

• Mind=blown 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.3.5

Updated to 1.3.5!

• Bone broth nutrition reduced, healing increased
  • Sap leak time doubled
  • Screwpress no longer crashes when clicking it with an item that cannot be pressed
  • Bucket saucepan duplication bug fixed
Edited by l33tmaan
  • Like 1
  • Cookie time 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.