Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

It certainly made me push the update out faster. 😄 Normally I'd wait until I had more changes.

EDIT:

*edit* btw l33tmaan, I used to be able to remove a portion of liquid from a cooking pot or the mixing bowl by right clicking it with an empty bottle or bucket...did you remove that ability on purpose? I end up having to either pick up the pot or bowl if the liquid doesn't work in something I'm trying and wasting it instead of just rebottling it

Yeah, that wasn't on purpose. I'll look into it later.

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Haha 1

I've been getting what is probably a memory leak in both multiplayer and singleplayer since 1.3.4. Resetting to 1.3.3 fixes it.

Whenever anyone interacts with blocks or something is crafted, there is a very noticeable fps dip. Don't know what exactly is causing it, but it happens from the moment the world is loaded and persists after restarts etc.

Edited by Landil

Did you perhaps also upgrade to game version 1.14.10 ? After I upgraded from 14.8 to 10 I started to have insane crafting lag and audio glitches with fireplaces. 

I need to check again if that was 14.8 to 10 , the shift to 1.3.4 of EF or maybe both but its 4:30am for me now. 
But it only appeared today after I had to change version due to upgrading this mod

I am using version 1.3.5 How do I use the mixing bowl with work with cured meat? I am in winter now and everything is pickled or cured. It doesnt seem to be a option. I cant make a salad. Trying to make what someone posted that lasts 20ish years. It doesnt recognize the sausage and sage. I tried adding flax oil and i cant get it out or move it. Some screen shots for these things would be nice. I understand there is alot of variants. How do I use the oil. Three hours of game time is alot to lose it in a mixing bowl because I cant get it out. Cant duplicate meals in hand book. Meat shew isnt working, how is it meat stew with no meat? Dumplings are grain.

This is very frustrating. vanilla cooking it is.

Edited by LocoMiner

Yes a cooking pot is there. I csnt duplicate any of the meals in the guide.  Items aren't recognized. 

Pictures are too big and screenshot doesn't show recipe.  Berry bread in guide says water flour and 4 fruit. Not a recognized recipe 

Edited by LocoMiner

That worked. its not clear in guide to me at least that it doesnt need a cooking pot. also water cant be removed from mixer either. 

Anything meat related for cured meat.

Did you see your meat stew and vegie stew are practically the same. There is no meat in it.

what doesnt need a cooking pot. its my impression everything in the mixer needs it

Edited by LocoMiner

Salad is the only thing that needs a cooking pot, because it is a meal. Everything else is just a regular item.

The water thing is totally an issue, though.

EDIT: I've edited the handbook to make it more clear that salads are the only thing that require a cooking pot.

Edited by l33tmaan

Then i suggest changing the guide to include a mixer section and a regular cooking pot section and not mixing them. example salad shouldnt be there it needs to be mixed first

cant make meat stew on regular fire pit no recipe shows up with dumplings bread  crumbs and fruit 

Edited by LocoMiner

The guide already has a mixer section. And a regular cooking pot section. The salad is in the cooking pot section with the rest of the meals because it is a meal, and its entry already explicitly states that you have to mix it in the mixing bowl. I can add the same text to the Advanced Cuisine guide but that would be redundant.

EDIT: By the way, you can totally remove liquids from the mixing bowl, try right clicking.

Edited by l33tmaan

As edited above I cant duplicate your stew in a cooking pot on a fire pit. I cant make a salad from the guide in a mixer. Only the sausage and thats  because you provided a picture. I tried other meals and they are not working. Something isnt right. Either you need better guides so idiots like can make stuff or the recipes are screwed up.

You're not putting meat into your meat stew? Dude, the handbook is talking about in addition to what you can already use to make meat stews. Meat stews are a vanilla meal. You need meat in 2 slots in order to make meat stews. You're taking the handbook too literally in some points and not at all in others. Try experimenting in creative mode for a few minutes.

All the meals that were already in the game are still default. You need meat in 2 slots to make meat stew. You need veggies in 2 slots to make veggie stew. You need water, vegetable juice, or bone broth to make soups. All I have done is add to them. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.