Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

Now that I think about it, what do you want to be able to use cured meat for? Sausage, pemmican, and dumplings wouldn't make sense, so that just leaves fried food.

Why does cured meat in dumplings or sausage not make sense?

We can take meat - and add salt - to make dumplings or sausage. Cured meat is ultimately nothing but meat+salt in one.

Because you already cure sausage on the meat rack. 

Yeah, I can kinda follow that.

It just feels... grating that cured meat is such a culinary dead end for the most part.
There are all those fancy recipes with lovely meals you can make... but bacon? you made some bacon? Sorry mate, can't put bacon in there! Bacon must be eaten on it's own. No no, you can warm it up. Yes, tasty warm bacon! What? Keep your filthy hands of my salad with chicken nuggets, blue cheese, dried cranberries and its nice vinaigrette! You have your bacon salted meat! Eat that!

Also, I got bored while smithing and made some 4x recipes for the spile & big hook. They waste SOOOOOO much material in their vanilla default recipes. Feel free to add them:

Spoiler

Intention is to start with a plate and move minimal voxels around.

spile4.json:

Spoiler

{
	ingredient: { type: "item", code: "game:ingot-*", name: "metal", allowedVariants: ["copper", "brass", "tinbronze", "bismuthbronze", "blackbronze", "silver", "gold", "iron", "lead", "tin", "zinc", "bismuth", "chromium", "platinum", "titanium", "molybdochalkos", "meteoriciron", "steel"] },
	pattern: [[
		"______##_",
		"#####_##_",
		"#####_##_",
		"______##_",
		"_##___##_",
		"_##______",
		"_##_#####",
		"_##_#####",
		"_##______"
	],[
		"_________",
		"__##_____",
		"__##__##_",
		"______##_",
		"_________",
		"_##______",
		"_##__##__",
		"_____##__",
		"_________"
	]],
	name: "4 Spile",
	output: { type: "block", code: "spile-{metal}-north", stacksize:4  }
}

(I did have a pattern where you could make 5 spiles out of a single plate, but since a spile is basically a 2x5 you end up with a 10x10 pattern - plates are only a 9x9 so you end up with huge amounts of materials you have to move around - felt excessively non streamlined)

bighook4.json:

Spoiler

{
	ingredient: { type: "item", code: "game:ingot-*", name: "metal", allowedVariants: ["copper", "brass", "tinbronze", "bismuthbronze", "blackbronze", "silver", "gold", "iron", "lead", "tin", "zinc", "bismuth", "chromium", "platinum", "titanium", "molybdochalkos", "meteoriciron", "steel"] },
	pattern: [[
		"####_____",
		"#__####__",
		"#_______#",
		"__####__#",
		"_____####",
		"####_____",
		"#_ ####__",
		"#_______#",
		"__####__#",
		"_____####"
	]],
	name: "4 Bighooks",
	output: { type: "item", code: "bighook-{metal}", stacksize:4  }
}

Me again. Question why is sausages so much lower in protein?  Its still basically a piece of meat. Everything else is double the amount.

My spouse asked me where are the croutons for the salads? I said bread crumbs? But we can't add those to salads. Game mechanics?

I mean its meat hit with a rock cut with a knife put in a mixer with high value fat. Hung on hooks that cost me metal. I should get more for it 

Edited by LocoMiner

12 minutes ago, LocoMiner said:

Me again. Question why is sausages so much lower in protein?  Its still basically a piece of meat. Everything else is double the amount.

My spouse asked me where are the croutons for the salads? I said bread crumbs? But we can't add those to salads. Game mechanics?

I mean its meat hit with a rock cut with a knife put in a mixer with high value fat. Hung on hooks that cost me metal. I should get more for it 

have you really looked at it though ? 
image.png.acfd6e8e055e7ff2e2fa1be2911342a0.png
490 total for one sausage is actually pretty good IMO

And you can put that into a salad to make even crazier stuff

19 minutes ago, LocoMiner said:

I've considered adding bread crumbs to the salad recipe, so I might do that in the next release. Croutons aren't quite the same, though. That being said... I could add croutons. Flour + Food Oil + Salt.

I don't know what you mean about sausage not giving enough protein. It gives a ton of protein. In fact, something is wrong with Cryorus's sausage, it should be way better than that, there should be 510 extra nutrients, not 340. I'll need to look at it on the back end

If you could get grain into a salid it could have every food category. Hes looking a vintage sausage.  I am looking at cooked. It says 100 sat when eaten. To me vintage meat is something that sat in a barrel for a year.

I sm testing most of this in creative. Maybe I am missing processing steps 

Edited by LocoMiner

1 minute ago, LocoMiner said:

I have about 30 mods

Disable half (apart from Expanded Foods), then check if there is still no "extra nutrition" on mixing bowl made food (might want to fire up a small creative world for that).
If that does not change things, disable the other half of mods.

If you have found the "half" which hides the extra nutrients drill that down into halfs (and repeat) until you find the one mod which messes things up ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.