Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Yes. Just like guide. I have been tested recipes with creative items from the mod and the inventory doesn't show extra. The extra doesn't happen when I put it in a mixer and mix and cook it.

My spouse and I look at the food value before we make something.  We liked the berry bread till we saw it only gave fruit not grain and fruit. Best I can tell the new recipes do simular.  Maybe I am missing description data. Bone broth gives 0 food value or category in the handbook.  Since fluids get stuck. I cant test it

Edited by LocoMiner

ok, incoming set of screenshots; this is how I make my sausages:  First pic is my recipe, second pic is the raw result; third pic is the cooked sausage without curing, fourth pic is the cured sausage, fifth pic is the cured sausage cooked.  Now...out of those 4 sausages, only the raw sausage and the aged sausage can be used in stews.  I haven't tried putting the cooked or vintage in a salad yet, but I think it's supposed to work if I understand the update correctly.  

mixing.png

rawsausage.png

cookedsausage.png

curedsausage.png

curedcookedsausage.png

• Like 1

Now, for using his stuff in stews, here's a basic recipe I tend to use for sausages (can also substitute the dumpling in its place) I like processing the meat as much as I can before making my stew because it amplifies the protein you get in the end.

stewrecipe.png

stewresult.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

All those Extra Nutrient numbers in your Vintage sausage screenshot should be 50% higher. 😅

lol I thought they should too, but hey it cooks and it has protein better than vanilla so I figured I wouldn't complain much ;)

*edit* that particular batch of sausages might be from 1.3.3 or 1.3.4

Edited by Lisabet

4 minutes ago, LocoMiner said:

Ok well this process is different that what is in the handbook guild. Its interesting that the sage gives so much vegetable. Food like this would make the steps worth it. Thank you for sharing

I find that sage is honestly the best out of all the herbs the mod adds; both in 'veggie' and especially in healing

27 minutes ago, LocoMiner said:

Yes. Just like guide. I have been tested recipes with creative items from the mod and the inventory doesn't show extra. The extra doesn't happen when I put it in a mixer and mix and cook it.

My spouse and I look at the food value before we make something.  We liked the berry bread till we saw it only gave fruit not grain and fruit. Best I can tell the new recipes do simular.  Maybe I am missing description data. Bone broth gives 0 food value or category in the handbook.  Since fluids get stuck. I cant test it

you're wanting berry bread like this? ;) I don't have any prepared acorns for flour but I can still give a quick recipe for similar to this one 

berrybread.png

actually it's alot clearer than it was when you first brought out 1.3.0 :) and the few times I got super confused I asked in here and you answered lol

I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface of what you've made possible, for one thing I have yet to make cheese :P tho I'm a tiny bit closer on that count 

31 minutes ago, LocoMiner said:

Lisa added stuff that wasnt in the guide to get the extra stuff. Maybe we need that added somewhere. i am making it as you suggest and not getting the same results. example adding just nuggets and fat and not getting etra.

I really don't know what's going on with your sausage, because you should always be getting extra nutrients when you make any items in the mixing bowl besides regular, vanilla bread.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I will probably be removing grain variants from fried food, since the sheer number of permutations are linked to what's causing the FPS loss. However, I cannot automatically remap more variants onto fewer ones. In my testing I've been able to manually type something like: 

"/iir remapq expandedfoods:breadedmeatnugget-bushmeat-smashed expandedfoods:breadedmeatnugget-spelt-bushmeat-smashed force", 

But the game won't seem to do it on its own or prompt you for it. If I can't get this to work, your fried food will disappear. I'm giving you guys a heads up now, so you probably shouldn't be sealing crocks with fried stuff.

• Mind=blown 1

So you are telling me the mod and game basically pulled off a TF2 Soldier and teleported ( registered ) too much breaded stuff which caused the game to grind to a halt during crafting things unrelated to the bread ?

Why does this remind me of my old developer job ? 

But glad you found the issue although it is a weird one...

So as long we dont have any breaded / fried meats around it should be safe , right ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.