Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

I cant make soft dough I follow handbook guide but i cant make it.... and I only use this mod but I cant

Is the recipe old?

And I checked that the mod file doesn't have only this recipe. Did you mean it?

image.thumb.png.448ca8679823255ab18cff81bb70f88d.png

Edited by KimGBA

15 minutes ago, KimGBA said:

I cant make soft dough I follow handbook guide but i cant make it.... and I only use this mod but I cant

Is the recipe old?

image.thumb.png.448ca8679823255ab18cff81bb70f88d.png

Maybe mouse over the egg portion, there's 2 ways to crack eggs, one gets you will get you the 0.1l of egg yolk and 0.1l of egg white, the other way gets you what you need for soft dough 0.1l liquid egg portion which is what you need for the soft dough. Think it's ctrl+shift+click to fully crack on bowl or container. If you accidentally did it the other way no big deal just combine the egg yolk and the white in the mixer and mix them on their own first for the liquid egg portion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LastChime said:

Maybe mouse over the egg portion, there's 2 ways to crack eggs, one gets you will get you the 0.1l of egg yolk and 0.1l of egg white, the other way gets you what you need for soft dough 0.1l liquid egg portion which is what you need for the soft dough. Think it's ctrl+shift+click to fully crack on bowl or container. If you accidentally did it the other way no big deal just combine the egg yolk and the white in the mixer and mix them on their own first for the liquid egg portion.

Thank you so much. I thought liquid egg was the egg yolk part. 

Thanks to your words, I got to know the problem. Thank you

9 hours ago, Jeffrey Phipps said:

2024-03-13_00-34-12.thumb.png.bedc87ead6d2c790b3050699fe21eb03.png'

What am I doing wrong here? Trying to make Raspberry Gelatin but no mix of ingredients will work.

Raspberries are from Wildcraft mod. I've found that a lot of recipes in Expanded Foods (even listed in the Handbook) don't work anymore, unless they include vanilla or EF ingredients only.

Good news: 1.7.0 will be the biggest update yet!
Neutral news: It won't have much new content, but will have a ton of bugfixes, updated compatibility, and general QoL.
Bad news: My changelog has 40 entries and I haven't even STARTED on fixing the Wildcraft stuff yet. 😁

• Like 2
  • Amazing! 2

On 3/16/2024 at 3:01 PM, l33tmaan said:

Good news: 1.7.0 will be the biggest update yet!
Neutral news: It won't have much new content, but will have a ton of bugfixes, updated compatibility, and general QoL.
Bad news: My changelog has 40 entries and I haven't even STARTED on fixing the Wildcraft stuff yet. 😁

It's really badly needed. Lots of present recipes don't work and some act... weird.
Like this another example of a recipe where ingredients spoil separately (it was pilafs):image.thumb.png.10a2a501d13bfc21a71412c907fad34a.png

Under 1.6.8 and 1.19.4, "boiling" as per the handbook (place item to be boiled in cauldron or saucepan) doesn't seem to work.  The UI notes what should happen, but the cooking process never starts.  Here's an example with balls:

BoilBalls.JPG

49 minutes ago, StatsBloke said:

Under 1.6.8 and 1.19.4, "boiling" as per the handbook (place item to be boiled in cauldron or saucepan) doesn't seem to work.  The UI notes what should happen, but the cooking process never starts.  Here's an example with balls:

BoilBalls.JPG

I think you need water for boiling

Yea, but it says "charred". When it's boiled it should say (part-baked) or something similar. I think the mod author used mechanics from baking oven. Some recipes has to be boiled twice: 1st to become part-baked, and then again to become fully baked.
I find it really confusing as well...

On 3/5/2024 at 2:25 PM, l33tmaan said:

I'm working on updating to 1.7.0, but if you NEED your pitch glue to work now, throw this file into your Expanded Foods .zip file under assets/game/patches.

glue.json 169 B · 196 downloads

Hi!  You're freaking amazing, just so you know.  Unfortunately we added this into our EF mod .zip file both locally and on our server and the glue function still won't work.  Can we just add it in straight to the zip file itself or do we have to extract the folder first?

On 3/19/2024 at 8:12 AM, StatsBloke said:

BoilBalls.JPG

You're just trying to cook it like normal. You need 0.1 L of oil in order to fry stuff in the cauldron like that. 

On 3/19/2024 at 1:59 PM, Noiz Makyr said:

Hi!  You're freaking amazing, just so you know.  Unfortunately we added this into our EF mod .zip file both locally and on our server and the glue function still won't work.  Can we just add it in straight to the zip file itself or do we have to extract the folder first?

You should be able to just add that file to the location I menioned and have it work. It worked for me, but if you have other mods that mess with resin then who knows what might happen.

2 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Oh, also - I've heard the Herbarium/New Wildcraft stuff is still kind of broken right now. Will y'all be mad if I release 1.7.0 without that compatibility yet?

I, for one, would be extremely pleased if it meant a sooner release date on 1.7.0. This is hands down my favorite Vintage story mod, you've really knocked it out of the park.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Oh, also - I've heard the Herbarium/New Wildcraft stuff is still kind of broken right now. Will y'all be mad if I release 1.7.0 without that compatibility yet?

Not mad, just disappointed....really want my herbal bread and sausage back.....

6 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Not at all, this mod is legendary on it's own. Just maybe toss a note in to preserve your sanity of everybody asking why X doesn't work. We can just while away the temporal storms getting drunk off of dogrose wine and eating juniper pies until it does.

7 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

You're just trying to cook it like normal. You need 0.1 L of oil in order to fry stuff in the cauldron like that. 

Thanks, that is logical. I was just confused by the fact that I put the balls in and it brought up the "will create" message, suggesting that it would work.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Happy to see 1.7.0 regardless of Herbarium/Wildcraft stuff, I know that will come around when you have time for the compatibility stuff.

16 hours ago, StatsBloke said:

Thanks, that is logical. I was just confused by the fact that I put the balls in and it brought up the "will create" message, suggesting that it would work.

It would work. You'd just be cooking it like normal, as if you were just using the firepit -  you wouldn't be boiling it.

38 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

It would work. You'd just be cooking it like normal, as if you were just using the firepit -  you wouldn't be boiling it.

Well that was actually the point of my original message - it didn't work - the screenshot I posted was showing it not cooking with just the balls.  I let the fire burn through several fuel pieces and it stayed cold.

Updated to 1.6.9! Kept you waiting, huh?

- Food Stuff:
Added Dressing (vinegar + egg white + oil)
Updated fish sauce recipe (check Cooking 104 for details)
Cooked food can be chopped up
Partially cooked & cooked vanilla meat can be charred in the firepit
Soy milk can be added to porridge
Cured meat nuggets can be used in trail mix
Gelatin stack increased from 16 to 32
Egg yolk can be used to make pasta
Added simmer recipe to rehydrate hardened lard
Tule root can be cooked into cattail roots

- The Great Fish Parity:
Vanilla fish can be used in EF stuff; broth, boiling, meals
Vanilla fish have part-baked & cooked states, can be baked, used in pies
Vanilla fish can be smashed and cut into fish nuggets
Fish nuggets, fish sausage, fish sauce, fish pemmican, fish gelatin, fried fish, non-vegetarian sushi, & seafood broth now vanilla items
Fish nuggets buffed to vanilla fish nutrition; has cured variants; requires more PS filets to make
Fish nugget models & textures changed to look more vanilla
Raw fish & fish nuggets can be used to make fish sauce
Raw fish nuggets & smashed fish are now edible
Fish sausage textures updated

- Trough Fixes:
Pressed mash trough texture fixed
Chickens and raccoons will now eat peanut skins from troughs
Bread crumbs can be used in large trough
Bread crumb small trough names fixed

- Compatibility Stuff:
Ancient Tools maple compatibility added
Ancient Tools salted meat can be hung on meathooks, baked, put in pies, used in porridge/pasta/salad has part-baked & charred variants
Ancient Tools meat can be smashed with the Acorns mallet
Ancient Tools animal brains can be used in fried balls & au gratin/pilaf/hot pasta
Ancient Tools bread crumb & birch/pine nutrition nerfed
Ancient Tools added to Cooking 105
More Animals wild turkey stuff added
Pickled More Animals eggs can be used in cold pasta & salad
Primitive Survival salmon & vanilla fish usable for fish sauce
Primitive Survival smoked meat & cured smoked meat usable in EF in place of most regular meat
Primitive Survival cooked crabnugget nutrition buffed
Acorn coffee liquid input/output increased from 0.1L to 0.5L (thanks to TaeruAlethea)

- Misc Fixes:
Pitch glue recipe fixed
GroundStack property used internally instead of GrindedStack
Handbook guides specify they're from Expanded Foods
Handbook correctly states seafood broth requires 1L of water instead of 0.5L
Mod dependency updated to ACA 1.1.3

- Translations:
Russian translation updated (thanks to vulpeep)
Japanese translation updated (thanks to macoto_hino)

• Amazing! 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.