Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

1 hour ago, Peter Sanderson said:

Today attempting to use the mixing bowl, I get an output message, and can stir, but no progress meter no matter how long you stir. I tried multiple combinations - no effect.

2022-04-21_10-49-47.thumb.png.480951ca702a8767fa2af09b8e9fe641.png

Uhhh.... does it still do that if you log out and log back in?

Is anyone else having problems with trying to make syrup? Specifically, I'm trying to cook down 1 liter of snowberry juice into syrup. I am using a saucepan over a lit firepit, I've also tried both sizes of cauldron, and it just sits there and does nothing. The handbook shows snowberry syrup, so I know it should be a valid recipe...

Edit: I would also like to mention that the "pressed" fruit mashes cannot be placed into troughs to feed pigs with, like the other (vanilla?) fruit mashes can. (Example: apple mash can be used in a trough, while gooseberry mash cannot) I don't know if this is an Expanded Foods issue or another mod though, I'm playing with quite a few lol

Edited by taaffeite

I've tried just about everything :( making a new saucepan/new cauldrons, making a new fire, shuffling things around between new and old firepits etc. I also make sure that I have specifically 1 (one) liter of the juice I'm trying to cook down into syrup. I am playing on a LAN server with a friend if that might be affecting it.

18 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

For the first pic, you're using too many veggies. 4 is the max, you can't stuff more veggies into a salad than you can stuff into a veggie stew.

For the second pic, your portions are off. You need 6 chicken nuggets and 0.6 L of vinegar. Almost all recipes that use liquids operate off 0.1 L as a base, not 1 L... because that would be insane.

Ok, usually, for most recipies, i don't need use correct proportions, just more than minimum I think you must highlight it in help then will patch help file in future. For example about proportions:
image.thumb.png.33e4a1a342cbdefe10cf3be5d7584913.png

With fully correct proportions (without empty slot not working too):
image.thumb.png.2f71ed1a42511a740163cbfe44baa833.png

Edited by EreticKB

Meals (ie. the "kneading" recipes to make salad, yogurt, etc. in the mixing bowl) have to be precise because they mostly use vanilla mechanics, whereas making items (the "mixing" recipes to make berry bread, pemmican, and almost everything else in the mod) relies on a lot of code that was written to handle extra nutrition and chutes and all sorts of other crazy stuff. This is why meals have to be precise but most other recipes don't.

Also, I remade that salad in your second pic just fine. Is that cooked cabbage or something?

Oh, I hope that comma in 0,6 L isn't causing any problems. Can you make ANYTHING with liquids in the mixing bowl? What about the yogurt meal?

image.png.0217a386defd913ceee3471b2e11d5e7.pngimage.png.49ba3376ec82091ce496b1c9d852d12c.png

I think I found the problem with the syrup? :D The fruit juice portions seem to be what cook down into the syrup, but I cannot make them in any cauldron size or saucepan. The juice just sits there and looks at me, even though there's a lit fire and everything. (I CAN make syrup from "vanilla" fruits and berries, however, so it's just a Wildcraft fruit/berry issue.)

The textures of all the syrup content for the Wildcraft fruits also seem to be broken, considering that they're all white with odd red flecking.image.png.369d0f6138258834fe51940a06184998.png

It seems that I also cannot make wines from the fruit juices from Wildcraft fruits and berries. My bottle racks had plenty of wine from the "vanilla" fruits in the game, but my raspberry juice, gooseberry juice, snowberry juice and other Wildcraft fruits remained as juice.

Another thing I noted is that I cannot make chopped King Bolete, Field Mushroom, or Fly Agaric.

Sorry if I'm being annoying, I just thought I should let you know that there could be a bug or two running afoot. Either that, or I'm somehow missing something entirely.

Edited by taaffeite
Added words and clarification
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Meals (ie. the "kneading" recipes to make salad, yogurt, etc. in the mixing bowl) have to be precise because they mostly use vanilla mechanics, whereas making items (the "mixing" recipes to make berry bread, pemmican, and almost everything else in the mod) relies on a lot of code that was written to handle extra nutrition and chutes and all sorts of other crazy stuff. This is why meals have to be precise but most other recipes don't.

Also, I remade that salad in your second pic just fine. Is that cooked cabbage or something?

Oh, I hope that comma in 0,6 L isn't causing any problems. Can you make ANYTHING with liquids in the mixing bowl? What about the yogurt meal?

Since you say about using vanilla cooking for salads i found trouble. XSkills has part that affects cooking and cause conflict between mods. Interesting, that syrups and other not affected.

8 hours ago, taaffeite said:

I think I found the problem with the syrup? :D The fruit juice portions seem to be what cook down into the syrup, but I cannot make them in any cauldron size or saucepan. The juice just sits there and looks at me, even though there's a lit fire and everything. (I CAN make syrup from "vanilla" fruits and berries, however, so it's just a Wildcraft fruit/berry issue.)

The textures of all the syrup content for the Wildcraft fruits also seem to be broken, considering that they're all white with odd red flecking.

It seems that I also cannot make wines from the fruit juices from Wildcraft fruits and berries. My bottle racks had plenty of wine from the "vanilla" fruits in the game, but my raspberry juice, gooseberry juice, snowberry juice and other Wildcraft fruits remained as juice.

Another thing I noted is that I cannot make chopped King Bolete, Field Mushroom, or Fly Agaric.

Sorry if I'm being annoying, I just thought I should let you know that there could be a bug or two running afoot. Either that, or I'm somehow missing something entirely.

Oh good, you've only reported things I've already fixed. I like it when people do that. Great!

1 hour ago, EreticKB said:

Since you say about using vanilla cooking for salads i found trouble. XSkills has part that affects cooking and cause conflict between mods. Interesting, that syrups and other not affected.

I believe XSkills only affects cooking meals, specifically. Things made in a cooking pot. Everything else is untouched (besides the one skill that adds different quality levels to your food).

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 12:01 PM, l33tmaan said:

Uhhh.... does it still do that if you log out and log back in?

Well I logged out and logged back in, after having left ingredients in the bowl.

On logging back in the ingredients had simply vanished.

I put new ingredients in, same issue. Output message, stirring action, but no progress

A syncing issue perhaps? I am exiting my game completely and restarting the server.

EDIT: After restarting client and server, I tried again. Now we are back to no output message and no stirring. Broke it, placed, it. Destroyed and replaced it. No change.

Is there anything that might help you get to the bottom of this that I can do? Logs? Tests?

Edited by Peter Sanderson
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I believe XSkills only affects cooking meals, specifically. Things made in a cooking pot. Everything else is untouched (besides the one skill that adds different quality levels to your food).

When i disable XSkill (or reloar world without closing game, coz some parts of XSkills disabling in that moment, like your trouble with visually empty pot with salad.) all works fine.
Disabled XSkills and Xlib
image.thumb.png.52556cc13723a724b114d2fa6c406a1e.png

Enabled XLib and XSkills, but after reload world.

image.thumb.png.7f1c2dce024208fa649c1f39d258e81a.png

Enabled XLib and XSkills, after fully reload client or if XSkills/Lib was disabled when you first load game (load game with disabled mod - load world - exit world - enable mod - load world).
image.thumb.png.7f6848afd7556a138efdb519a00d5d9f.png

Also, i dunno which mod, think XSkills too, to lazy to check, broke pie making, after reload world only all works fine.

Edited by EreticKB
  • Sad 1

Hey there,

I was just wondering if mixing foodgroups in pies is still a thing or if I have some kind of modconflict (or just don't do it right lol)

Tried it with your Soft Dough, started with Chicken Nuggets and got the Vanilla "You can't mix different foodgroups" message as soon as I wanted too add carrots.

Played around with it in creative mode and no combination seems to work.

As far as I know none of the other mods i use should touch piemaking

Edit: Also noticed that my bread nutrition seems to be off, 1000 protein sat for 0,1L of Bonebroth and 650 vegsat for Flax Oil seems kinda unintended

Edited by Florian Arlt

Bug Report:

• Right clicking an empty bottle on a dry ingredient in a mixing bowl crashes the game client.

Compatibility / Feature request:

• allow making Soaked Bandages with Bottles filled with Aqua Vitae

Currently the recipe requires either a Bowl, or Bucket filled with Aqua Vitae.

Thanks!

Edited by EbKeth
  • Sad 1

Hi, author of the xskill patch here (unofficial xskills maintainer right now I suppose).

I'm currently working on a functional re-write / expansion of xskills. There are a couple of fundamental issues with xskills that we might be hitting here that might be causing these issues.

However, more significantly, I just don't have the bandwidth to try to properly patch everything. I will try my best to fix any major issues, but I may end up removing xskills functionality if I can't find a root cause. Note, worst case this will mean that you won't benefit from xskills skills when using certain blocks, and won't gain XP, but things will still work in a vanilla manner, and you'll be able to keep xskills for other aspects of the game.

Xskills does touch a lot of things. A short list of food related things: Meal, Pie, Oven, Crock, CookedContainer, MixingBowl, Firepit, Barrel, GroundStorage, Saucepan (should be most everything but I may have missed something). As an additional FYI, we overwrite the InventorySmelting with a custom subclass in Firepit, Meal and CookedContainer (this is one of those fundamental issues I mentioned earlier).

So far the only clear offender I see is that salads are broken (are other things?). Seen as liquid ingredients are unaffected, I'm guessing it's something with the capacity override code that's borked (liquid capacity is handled separately).

Edit: As an additional note: I don't frequently check the forums so it may be a few days before I respond here. Feel free to ping me on the vintage story discord though.

Edited by 00500005
  • Thanks 2

On 4/24/2022 at 1:44 AM, Florian Arlt said:

Hey there,

I was just wondering if mixing foodgroups in pies is still a thing or if I have some kind of modconflict (or just don't do it right lol)

Tried it with your Soft Dough, started with Chicken Nuggets and got the Vanilla "You can't mix different foodgroups" message as soon as I wanted too add carrots.

Played around with it in creative mode and no combination seems to work.

As far as I know none of the other mods i use should touch piemaking

Well, great. I can mix food groups but now my pies keep disappearing! Back to testing...

23 hours ago, EbKeth said:

Bug Report:

• Right clicking an empty bottle on a dry ingredient in a mixing bowl crashes the game client.

Compatibility / Feature request:

• allow making Soaked Bandages with Bottles filled with Aqua Vitae

Currently the recipe requires either a Bowl, or Bucket filled with Aqua Vitae.

Thanks!

Damn, someone else noticed that. I was just wondering how to fix it. I wonder if it's the bottle's fault or the mixing bowl's fault... 

22 hours ago, 00500005 said:

So far the only clear offender I see is that salads are broken (are other things?). Seen as liquid ingredients are unaffected, I'm guessing it's something with the capacity override code that's borked (liquid capacity is handled separately).

Edit: As an additional note: I don't frequently check the forums so it may be a few days before I respond here. Feel free to ping me on the vintage story discord though.

Hey there! I think I remember Xandu asking me to add some code to the InventoryMixingBowl class to "allow me to know which player last modified the inventory to access the skill and abilities of this player". Looks like there should be a XSkillsInventoryMixingBowl class in there now. Maybe that's the culprit?

32 minutes ago, EreticKB said:

@l33tmaanBtw, how mixing bowl works? I try ctrl+right click, but it's only open as always and no effect when i try fill it from hopper (hopper fills all empty slots as always).

Do you mean locking the ingredients or something? I don't think I fully understand the question. I believe if you have some ingredients in there and lock it, then the hopper will fill in those slots with the correct ingredients. I can't say I've ever messed with hoppers much.

16 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Well, great. I can mix food groups but now my pies keep disappearing! Back to testing...

So, it EF trouble, ok. They not fully disappear, just crafted and not crafted same time. If you reload world without closing game you get ingredients back. 

17 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Do you mean locking the ingredients or something? I don't think I fully understand the question. I believe if you have some ingredients in there and lock it, then the hopper will fill in those slots with the correct ingredients. I can't say I've ever messed with hoppers much.

image.thumb.png.7d473528b701b1fd2a5a7edc2d5165ec.pngimage.thumb.png.afde345a3cf036dbe977542b5d682eda.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.