Omok Mini-Game! (Connect Five) [v. 0.4.0]

Aculem

A fairly simple mod that adds some functionality to chairs and the Omok board.

Simply interact with chairs in order to sit on them and interact/destroy them to get off. They'll orient to a table if there's one adjacent to the chair.

Interact with the grid spots on the board to place pieces. Press tool select mode (Default: 'F') to open the GUI to start a new one or two player game. (Two Player is untested, let me know if there's any bugs!)

Thanks to DArkHekRoMaNT for helping me fix the textures and DearFox for providing language files, everything should work properly now!

Source Code: https://github.com/NationsAtWar/vs-omok

omok_v0.4.0.zip

Edited by Aculem
Updated release
  • Like 7
  • Cookie time 2
  • Mind=blown 1

• Aculem changed the title to Omok Mini-Game! [v. 0.3.1]
4 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Just place it in assets/game/<full-vanilla-path> of your mod. It will replace the vanilla asset.

Oh wow, got so hung up on trying to use json patches, didn't even bother to think of another approach. Thanks, works like a charm! Updated the mod and added a recipe as well.

• Like 1

• Aculem changed the title to Omok Mini-Game! (Connect Five) [v. 0.3.2]
  • Aculem changed the title to Omok Mini-Game! (Connect Five) [v. 0.3.3]
  • Aculem changed the title to Omok Mini-Game! (Connect Five) [v. 0.3.4]
3 hours ago, Tech_Rabbit said:

Love the idea of the mod but my server players are complaining about some inconsistencies such as it doesn't "end" the game, it's a little hard to get out of seats etc. Also we have a very nasty server crash from the mod (see attached).

Just today got a second account so I could test this in multiplayer and found a whole multitude of issues!

Luckily managed to fix most of them in patch v0.3.4. The chairs still don't work as intended in multiplayer but it should at least stop crashing now.

Also, is that the right log? Those errors don't seem to pertain to this mod.

Edited by Aculem

7 hours ago, Aculem said:

Just today got a second account so I could test this in multiplayer and found a whole multitude of issues!

Luckily managed to fix most of them in patch v0.3.4. The chairs still don't work as intended in multiplayer but it should at least stop crashing now.

Also, is that the right log? Those errors don't seem to pertain to this mod.

Sorry, here is the correct crash:

Version: v1.14.7 (Stable)1/26/2021 8:03:43 PM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at AculemMods.PlayerManager.GetPlayerData(IPlayer player)
   at AculemMods.OnEntityGameTick.Prefix(EntityBehaviorPlayerPhysics __instance, Entity entity, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorPlayerPhysics.GameTick_Patch1(EntityBehaviorPlayerPhysics this, Entity entity, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorPlayerPhysics.onPhysicsTick(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _XJ8aPSlEBe0PiHYbVJEdfXv1yjvA._Kgao3H1tkjUV97mMFigKazMDiUo(Single )
   at _QXfAdKxrJ1KaNtwiV64JU2IvnpC._cl7z8c5uEEaIF1fo0XdijiZbRYk(Single )
   at _QXfAdKxrJ1KaNtwiV64JU2IvnpC._peV5mb21IaSJTAYBddj4gA99BDo(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _03wQBzfCnykaMLiRGgbQzrKOcn3._QN2fpVgRVBDOLs27GIkkdMlxeKf(_a9AJZVMB0wcgfRPD19VvLtZCbaX , String[] )
   at _NdjU5BXvKkfOW2d88pNMbEAjE1q._QN2fpVgRVBDOLs27GIkkdMlxeKf(ThreadStart )

10 hours ago, DearFox said:

When I start the game with this mod, a file "harmony.log.txt" is created on my desktop
It's not very convenient when the log files are on the desktop ..

My bad! That was for debugging purposes. Shouldn't do it as of v0.3.4

9 hours ago, Tech_Rabbit said:

Sorry, here is the correct crash:

Yeah, I was getting that crash too when a second person joined a server. Should also be fixed as of v0.3.4

an Instant Classic.

Any thought given to use chosen game rules; like

• Free-Play (just move pieces around board as you like)
  • Go
  • Checkers
  • Ect...

Or even have rules from pre-defined configuration files, defining start/victory conditions and valid/invalid moves (assuming 2 player games).

[Not AI - just computer enforced "correct" moves for players...sometimes the mouse slips and the wrong piece moves afterall 😉]

• Like 5

• Aculem changed the title to Omok Mini-Game! (Connect Five) [v. 0.4.0]
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.