Wild boar jumps into the house

AlphaRay

I have a problem since two nights...a board just jumped in my house and attacked me. The first time it jumps away a second later afte biting me and swam away unnaturally quickly (my house is surrounded by water).
Next night it comes again and bite me to death.  Is this a bug or is this a part of the "monsters" they come after 4 days?
In between i already saved and loaded the savegame. So the game is "restarted" - if this could be a temporary bug.

Second question:  how it is possible that it can jump in?  i've a wood wall (1 wood block height) - then a 1 wood block "window-line" and wood block again over the "windows".

If a wild animal takes any sort of damage that was not deal by another creature, it currently assumes that the player was the source of that damage. The AI simply has no concept of "environmental damage" right now.

Boars are passive, but will get aggressive when attacked.

Result: boar falls off of cliff -> it takes falling damage -> it aggros onto you.

Though honestly, this is super rare. I can go dozens of hours of gameplay without ever seeing it. I have no idea why the boar behaved as it did in your world either. It must have taken damage from something, but I have no idea what. Drowning is not implemented yet, it cannot be that.

Solution? Just kill it, it drops valuable loot. Chuck flint spears at it. Assuming you already defended yourself before, it should be dead in 2-3 throws. Also, craft yourself an "improvised armor". It's chest slot only, so will only catch 50% of all hits, but those it catches it will cut the damage in half. Typically means you live through an attack that would have killed you. It's also super cheap (you can make it right after spawning into the world and finding some flint) and has no downsides to being equipped 24/7. Always wear one. Always.

As for how it got into your house? Well, you answered hat yourself: you have an open window line. Put something in there to close it off - rough-hewn fences for example. If you want a house with a view, you'll need proper window glass, or prepare to be invaded. Not all creatures can go through 1-high gaps; drifters for example cannot. But some can.

16 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Though honestly, this is super rare. I can go dozens of hours of gameplay without ever seeing it. I have no idea why the boar behaved as it did in your world either. It must have taken damage from something, but I have no idea what. Drowning is not implemented yet, it cannot be that.

It could be the one i tried to kill a day before the first attack.  It was mostl dead and runs away.
The problem of attacking me is, that this one has superpowers. I saw it running - maybe 20 blocks in a second.  After it kills me the third time (waiting in may house for me) it never comes back.
Should the aggressive values not be resettet after killed by the animal..?  "i killed the stupid human...now we are ok"-reset  :D

I've minimized the window width to one block and put a torch in the middle. I hope this is enought.
Windows like these would be nice - but i think i need a saw for it?

The saw can be used to make half-width glass slabs. But you can use the full-width glass blocks as windows too.

The bigger issue is that quartz requires a tier 2 (bronze) pickaxe to mine. So you usually have the saw before you can make glass anyway. However, you may get lucky with drops from ruins, or you might be able to buy some quartz (or a bronze pick) from a trader.

Thanks for the tip  :)   i have some quartz stuff..i think two powdered and two "nuggets". But these was two different i mean.  From washing of basalt sand or so.
Can glas be build down and used again or it's "lost" like in minecraft?

Edited by AlphaRay

On 2/8/2021 at 11:11 PM, AlphaRay said:

It could be the one i tried to kill a day before the first attack.  It was mostl dead and runs away.
The problem of attacking me is, that this one has superpowers. I saw it running - maybe 20 blocks in a second.  After it kills me the third time (waiting in may house for me) it never comes back.
Should the aggressive values not be resettet after killed by the animal..?  "i killed the stupid human...now we are ok"-reset  :D

I've minimized the window width to one block and put a torch in the middle. I hope this is enought.
Windows like these would be nice - but i think i need a saw for it?

Most of my windows in that post are PRE-Saw
So full glass blocks and huwen fences (or how ever you spell hew-en)
Tool racks across the glass make what you see in the end of the living quarters.

Edited by JRL101

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.