Useful Stuff

jakecool19

54 minutes ago, EtherialMind said:

don't know if this is intentional or not but it seems like the gliders headwind/tailwind feature affects the player even if they are not using a glider. I am running 1.15.0rc1 with the 1.9.2 version of useful stuff and while trying to walk in a straight line my character gets pushed sideways. Is there a way to turn this off. 

P.S. only about 95% sure it is this mod causing this as this is the only mod I have that messes with wind affecting player motion in any way.

That is not my mod, that is a new 1.15 feature, wind affecting player and animal movement. It is very strong right now, animals can barely move against wind

• Mind=blown 1

I have the game Version 1.14.10 and use the mod version 1.9.2.c

When i set the tent bag size in the options radius to 4 and height to 7 and load the world i get the following problem: i build a structure, use the tent bag, tent bag is packed. When i want to deploy it again, the structure don't deploy and the tent bag drop down as empty. As result the structure is always gone. 

With the 1.8.1 version i miss all the new stuff from the 1.9.2.c  ;-( , but the the tent bag is working fine with 1.8.1, even if i can't get higer than 3 blocks, at least i can increase the radius. but the the lack of new content from the newer version really sucks 😞

Perhaps you could look whats different with the tentbag codes from both versions and fix it, so i could at least use it in 1.9.2.c like its working in 1.8.1?

Edited by Simon Hardtke
tried 1.8.1

New update of Useful Stuff released! Adds a new block, the ceramic tablet, in anticipation for the next update of Farm Life. The tablet will allow you will to assign names to item stacks and entities. Also I added a new in game guide, to clear up confusion on how to use certain features. The tutorial video had been revised, and will be back up shortly.

New update to mod, with a climbing pick in "lantern spot" and axing a ancient chair, crashes me out, repeated and confirmed.

running on a server, server does not crash but throws up a lot of exceptions.  if needed i can replicate and get the server log too.

included it, removed the IP info though

one update. if the climbing picks are not on the hotbar, lantern slot does not crash .. so workable.. we will keep it on the server, but warn people.  hope for a fix some time.  Thanks

Love the mod, everyone that plays loves the mod!!

crashreport.txt server-event.txt

Edited by Magnus
added more info

On 8/6/2021 at 4:57 PM, Magnus said:

New update to mod, with a climbing pick in "lantern spot" and axing a ancient chair, crashes me out, repeated and confirmed.

running on a server, server does not crash but throws up a lot of exceptions.  if needed i can replicate and get the server log too.

included it, removed the IP info though

one update. if the climbing picks are not on the hotbar, lantern slot does not crash .. so workable.. we will keep it on the server, but warn people.  hope for a fix some time.  Thanks

Love the mod, everyone that plays loves the mod!!

crashreport.txt 3.8 kB · 1 download server-event.txt 3.88 MB · 3 downloads

Oh that's a weird crash, but I have released a hotfix that should hopefully prevent it. Also I fixed a bug with the firebox that caused it not to consume items, and it will now accept peat as a fuel source

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 12:51 PM, jakecool19 said:

Sorry, forgot to mention this yesterday but I changed the tent so that it will have config options in the config. You may need to delete the config and load up a world to generate a new one with the options.

I don't see a Config Option that contains this other than the one that has Handbook in it : Roaming>Vingtagestory>Mods>Useful Stuff>assets>usefulstuff>config .   If I go to Vintagestory>Mods>Useful Stuff>assets>usefulstuff>itemtypes> (then open tentbag.json) there is no option for changing the size of the tent.  Am I in the wrong Config file?  I checked Vintagestory>assets>survival>config  and there is nothing there either.  Please help 

EDIT : I spoke to jakecoo19 in Discord , I wasn't aware of the VintagestoryData Folder or the ModConfig Folder.  Thank you Jakecool19 for helping me out !

Edited by Lyte

Do you know of the bug where when molds are being fired in the kiln, but the kiln finishes when unloaded and creates invisi molds that crash on breaking

it happened on an mp server but i was able to recreate with just vanilla and useful stuff enabled in creative

2 hours ago, Geebee said:

Do you know of the bug where when molds are being fired in the kiln, but the kiln finishes when unloaded and creates invisi molds that crash on breaking

it happened on an mp server but i was able to recreate with just vanilla and useful stuff enabled in creative

I had this happen to me.  I went into creative mode and broke them because I was unable to break them in survival mode.

16 hours ago, JamesB said:

I had this happen to me.  I went into creative mode and broke them because I was unable to break them in survival mode.

I am having this issue as well, i have tried to go into creative to fix it but it still crashes the server. I am on a G-portal server with my friends so I don't know if that effects anything.

27 minutes ago, Jason Brown said:

I am having this issue as well, i have tried to go into creative to fix it but it still crashes the server. I am on a G-portal server with my friends so I don't know if that effects anything.

Oh yeah it may be different since I'm in single player.

@JamesB @Geebee@Jason Brown I knew of the invisibility, but the crashes are new. Unfortunately with the way the devs coded the ground storage system, my hands are a tied when it comes to modifying it, but I will see about making some generic container block to hold the finished problems, since ground storage is difficult to work with right now. Can one of you give me a crash log?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jakecool19 said:

@JamesB @Geebee@Jason Brown I knew of the invisibility, but the crashes are new. Unfortunately with the way the devs coded the ground storage system, my hands are a tied when it comes to modifying it, but I will see about making some generic container block to hold the finished problems, since ground storage is difficult to work with right now. Can one of you give me a crash log?

server-crash.txt Here is what I grabbed from the Gportal files. Thank you for all the work, your mod is really helpful 😃

I'd like to use Sluice.
Items placed in the hopper do not go through Slide.
It disappears from the hopper, but if you break the Suice, the sand in the hopper will be drained.
didn't go through Suice.

Is there a good way?
I'm not good at English because I'm Japanese.

6分前、rrは言った:

水門を使いたいのですが。
ホッパーに入れられたアイテムはスライドを通過しません。
ホッパーからは消えますが、水門を壊すとホッパー内の砂が排出されます。
水門を通過しませんでした。

良い方法はありますか?
私は日本人なので英語が苦手です。

The flow of water is correct.
Even if I put it in the hopper in this state, it won't be converted and nothing will come out.
If you break the slice, the sand you put in will come out as it is.

img23251.jpg

1 hour ago, r r said:

The flow of water is correct.
Even if I put it in the hopper in this state, it won't be converted and nothing will come out.
If you break the slice, the sand you put in will come out as it is.

img23251.jpg

How much time are you giving it? By default it takes a quarter of an hour to process a single block. Also it can only give one item per block, so you could just be very unlucky. Put a stack of sand in it, and leave it for a day. Also place a hopper and chest there to catch the items so they do not respawn.

6 hours ago, jakecool19 said:

どれくらいの時間を与えていますか?デフォルトでは、1つのブロックを処理するのに15分かかります。また、ブロックごとに1つのアイテムしか提供できないため、非常に不運になる可能性があります。その中に砂の山を入れて、1日そのままにしておきます。また、ホッパーとチェストを置いてアイテムをキャッチし、リスポーンしないようにします。

Good morning

When I watched the video, it was fast, so I thought that was normal.
It was just late!
I'm sorry to trouble you...m(_ _)m

Ok, I released a small update for a workaround for the invisible piles bug in the pottery kiln. Now when it finishes, it will put all your fired clay creations in a breakable vessel in the middle. Breaking it in creative will not drop anything so keep that in mind! Also, I will be taking a break from modding, due to a change of circumstances in my life, so updates for this and my other mods will be much slower from now on. Please keep bug reports and suggestions on this forum page, do not reach out on Discord.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.