Having trouble playing in multiplayer!

Yvette Forty

Why doesn't this game have an easy multiplayer? I want to play with a buddy of mine. We are in different time zones. I have tried to find clear information on how to setup multiplayer and I have tied but I this the information is to old. I really don't want to have a server as the game will be running all the time, that blows, as this game is very hard to play in winter. I want to play with my friend, can anyone help me achieve that? I tried a port-forwarding but it didn't work. So here are my questions:

Can I setup a server that won't run when we are not playing, if so, how do I do that?

Can we play on my single player game, if so, how do I do that?

We are also playing with mods that are the same. I have a Netgear AC1900 Model C7000v2.

I've played the game till iron, but my friend is a total newb so I want to give him a good experience!

Thanks for listening!

Blue 

4 hours ago, Yvette Forty said:

Can I setup a server that won't run when we are not playing, if so, how do I do that?

Can we play on my single player game, if so, how do I do that?

A server with no one on it defaults to halting its progression of time. You can configure it to keep running instead, but you don't want that anyway, so you're good on that front. :)

But yes, you can also play on your singleplayer world. After entering your world, hit ESC, and in the menu, select "Open to LAN". Confirm the following dialog. Afterwards, the button in the ESC menu that previously was "Open to LAN" will have changed to "Open to Internet". Clicking it will make the game attempt to ask your router for automatic port forwarding. The router must be UPnP-capable, and have this function enabled (it is sometimes disabled for security reasons).

Even if this fails, you can still use your singleplayer world in the same manner if you manually set up forwarding for port 42420 TCP to your machine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.