Factions/NPC

Secret Code

Forgot if I asked this but I was playing Valoren and kinda just adoring how the NPC would be traveling together, it felt like

I was watching the hobbit, it had a dwarf fortress adventure mode vibe to it. I am wondering if this will be something vintage

story ends up having - I'm more of a single player type of guy so having a world where NPC interact, travel together, trade..forage/farm/build

is awesome to me - is that something that will be coming to vintage story?

• Like 1

Or the traders are fixed, but all connected to one another. Fixed traders could have a market place in a village. If one day we have villages. Btw. what about a tavern in a village too? And here we could made a minigame, e.g. playing cards (Somnium is a sweet minigame in Ashes of Erebus, a ModMod for CIV IV), we could win or loose gears (curency), play with a treasure or provocate a fight.

I have this suspicion that the traders are wizards from another dimension that got here by magic, and that they want the gears and other stuff for their own reasons. There are no roads, yet here they are, just in the middle of forests and other places, and you can't modify the area that they are in. There is also this nervous awkwardness to them, like they are not sure you are there to shop or murder them, so they are being macho and trying to encourage you to shop at them. After all, they are just standing there, looking in the corner, lost in their own thoughts. They do not seem to be expecting customers at all.  So that leaves me to believe that they are wizards. why they are out here, i do not know. Maybe they too are investigating what happened to this world? Or are stranded?

Now it would be really cool if we could reach a good level of trust with them, and they would let us go to the trade dimension or wherever they are from for a bit. No weapons allowed, only gears, and we can buy things at the shops. the down side is you are on a timer, so you will get sucked back to spawn. BUT, if you behaved, and had good money, you can build a mail box and have stuff magically delivered to it like the mail box mod? 

• Haha 1

secret code, mentioned dwarfes. Maybe we can get Dwarf ncp? I like also Battle For Wesnoth game, they can tame gryphons/gryphs. Maybe a tamed gryphon would be very fine to travel via sky. But buying a gryph should be very expensive, e.g. rusty 512 gears.  Maybe Dwarfes can tame also wolfes and bears, bit less expensive. And maybe we could have 2 fractions of dwarfes, friendly one and non-friendly - an aggrassive dwarf can throw axes - would a perfect range enemie. Just an idea ;) Dwarfes should spawn mostly nearby great mountains. 

And about Gryphons, they should be also found in high mauntains - and they should seek you for an attack for 100 or even more fields (wolf seek only for 20 fields) - and they should be dangerous too - they like eating flesh - it would be  a nice danger from the sky.

Gryphon

These majestic and powerful creatures are masters of the sky. Gryphons are both dangerous and wary of other intelligent creatures, and thus should not be disturbed without a good reason.

https://units.wesnoth.org/1.10/mainline/en_US/Gryphon.html

Edited by RobinHood

On 4/13/2021 at 2:39 AM, Secret Code said:

Forgot if I asked this but I was playing Valoren and kinda just adoring how the NPC would be traveling together, it felt like

I was watching the hobbit, it had a dwarf fortress adventure mode vibe to it. I am wondering if this will be something vintage

story ends up having - I'm more of a single player type of guy so having a world where NPC interact, travel together, trade..forage/farm/build

is awesome to me - is that something that will be coming to vintage story?

That would be really cool, i love immersive details like that.

What's "Valoren" though, tried googling but didn't find anything?

8 hours ago, vurt said:

That would be really cool, i love immersive details like that.

What's "Valoren" though, tried googling but didn't find anything?

Don't use google, they really went down hill now and all you will see are paid search results for some dumb fortnite knockoff by riot games. [long crazy hateful rant has been redacted for everyone's sanity]. I am not a big fan of riot games, also i think the game he is talking about is Veloren, with an E instead of an A. 

I pasted some links below. 

Veloren

Introduction - Veloren: An Owner's Manual

Looks like an open source community project. Those games if they get off the ground tend to be insanely fun. I give it a few years before it starts eating into world of warcraft fanbase. 

• Like 1

Thanks for linking that (Angryrob) I probably should of linked it.  I am really a fan of world activity or ecosystems that have a reason, pine is another great example "In Pine, things will happen across the open game world even without your involvement. All organisms are alive and will try what they can to survive. You can choose to befriend a species, fight alongside them, or you may also to attack them, steal their food or force them to abandon their current habitat" I always felt something like that would fit this game well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.