Let us grow taller trees

Sengorn_Leopard

The current idea of planting 4 tree in the air and building the trunk when they grow results in very ugly artificial trees. I love large pines, but if anyone came near my base and chopped it down for wood, the damage is done. I can't replant it. I would love to see a mechanic to grow larger trees, or let us obtain the leaf block item to build completely custom trees. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sengorn_Leopard said:

The current idea of planting 4 tree in the air and building the trunk when they grow results in very ugly artificial trees. I love large pines, but if anyone came near my base and chopped it down for wood, the damage is done. I can't replant it. I would love to see a mechanic to grow larger trees, or let us obtain the leaf block item to build completely custom trees. 

If you don't mind mods, then Necessaries allows you to make branch cutters for collecting leaves

52 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

It would be nice if growing trees had its own minigame associated with it, like how crops have their own system.

You mean like if they grew under conditions ( right soil/nutrients/lighting/shade etc. ) best suited for the tree type, you could have a chance to grow taller trees than default sizes?

That would be fun. One could cultivate a forest of trees larger than you'd otherwise find, or try to grow something special in a desired location.

7 hours ago, Thalius said:

Allow trees to be planted in small clay pots and buckets or large clay pots or barrels and grow small to medium sized bonsai versions of trees.

You can already plant saplings in flower pots and planters for two sizes of bonsais.

I wish I could use such a mod! Sadly I play exclusively on a multiplayer server, and i think it would be easier to get a change in the vanilla gameplay then have a mod added :( 
I like the idea of taller trees requiring better growing conditions, perhaps planting them atop terra? 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.