Blasting powder recipe

adamjones353

So after a lot of work I final found saltpetre and sulfur and was so happy to make some bombs until I noticed that the recipe requires black coal. Now I am ok with black coal being used for it but if you look at real life you will find that most gunpowder is made using charcoal which is not an option in game. It would be nice if we can swap out black coal with charcoal as it would be in IRL. 

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder

• Like 3

I've found black coal, but not much. A decent amount.
Saltpeter is plentiful if you go deep looking for it, adding an element of challenge I like.
Sulfur though... I've found only trace amounts personally in all my playthroughs I've done.  Others on the multiplayer servers I've been on seem to come across some, but it is very rare in my experience.

I like challenges, so don't like to modify the default settings.  Only settings I have changed are in assisting me as I learn the game, or delete things that are just unfun (looking at you temporal storms).  Only on my second playthrough (about 100 hours of playtime total) I finally built my windmill and helve hammer.  Got my pulverizer connected but haven't done anything with it yet.  Once I'm done learning the mechanics in this playthrough I'll start my "for real" game where my HP won't be boosted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.