Players sometimes turn invisible

Kolyenka

This has been happening for a while now (since the big update) but I only just thought to report it. Playing on a LAN with one other person, and sometimes one of us turns invisible to the other, i.e., I won't appear on my sister's screen even though she's looking straight at me. I can see myself fine though (in both 1st and 3rd person). The affected person disconnecting and reconnecting fixes it, although it inevitably happens again a few hours later.

Maybe it could be related to situation when you walk away from each other, that way you are in seperate chunks (area) for some time. So as new chunk loads happen, other player weren't in that chunk at that moment. :) Not sure if that is how it works, but it often happens on mmultiplayer servers at least with maps where you suddenly don't see other player as he is too far from you.

• 3 weeks later...

Happens frequently to my girlfriend and me, mostly when we stand realy close to each other, but look in opposite directions for a while. Don't know if that helps, since I don't have a clue about reproducing the error. We are playing on a local network, but with the server hosted on my PC, so I guess it is some kind of network- and or render error.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.