In game programming

Granamir

I find very usefull to improve game fun and durability to set up in game programming.

Not modding but just some simple (or less simple) in game programming mechanics. Ofcourse since it's not intended for advanced expert programmers a simple language should be used, such as LUA (very simple, very user friendly).

I found that game having in game programming have an extra gear, and those using LUA have more users able to use this feature.

Don't know if you intend to develop game untill modern age technology and/or use magic, btw in game programming can be used with basic technology too.

Yea it would be great.

I come from "Legend of Grimrock 2", for wich i created a dungeon without playing the game; and i came form "Space engineers" where i would to program in game but they used C#, too complex for me. So for me, using some sort of programming in game is half of the fun.

While it might not make it into the official game, it's not unlikely that someone will write a mod to add some type of in-game programming to Vintage Story. Along the lines of ComputerCraft or OpenComputers. Right now there's no relevant automation content for it to interface with, and who knows what the game will look like, both in terms of official features and mods. If you have an itch for coding, might I be able to tickle your interest in the direction of creating modded content for the game? :)

I'd like to create some mod, but my skills in programming are very limited. It's not my job, it's only something i like to do sometimes if there is a chance. So i cannot realy call me a programmer, just someone that knows something (in my country i'm not even a junior). That's why i suggested to use LUA as language for an hypothetical in game programming.

Archived