Weird Music Changes

Lumber Jackson

Recently I stumbled across an underground ruin of what I'd call a warehouse. It had a lot of aged logs which I promptly removed. I converted them to planks and replaced 3/4 of the flooring in my small keep.

Now, when I walk around in the keep, the in game background music does this weird speed up and slow down effect that wasn't noticable at first because I don't have the volume for the music set very high. Now that I've noticed tho, I hear it all the time.

Is this because of the aged wood planks or some other reason?

Edited by Lumber Jackson

On 12/21/2021 at 7:03 PM, Philtre said:

Does the music track change, or just the speed at which it plays? Some materials will make a room into a different area type (a lot of relieved stone blocks will make a cave, for example), so you can end up with cave music being played in your cellar, or something.

It's the speed. I think something is triggering the music incorrectly now. I experienced it again, but this time I was outside. I tested it a bit, and it didn't have to do with what blocks I was walking on or near. It just seemed to be related to the fact that I was walking.

I attempted to turn down the music volume, but it didn't have an effect. It didn't get quiet unless I turned down the game sound level. Now I'm wondering if something is triggering some background music instead of say the sound for walking in armor. You wouldn't want a walking noise to be repetitive so you would vary it a bit. If something is triggering a music track instead, that would explain the weird tonal changes, especially when it seemed my walking had an effect on it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.