Multi-part entity texture

MadAlchemist

Is there any way to use different texture file for each part of entity, just like for block faces? I am making air balloon mod, and want to use different texture files for basket, balloon and burner. It's really difficult to make all these textures as single file. And entity tutorial describes only how to specify one texture file (or it's variants, but not parts).

I have used multiple textures dir some of the blocks i made.

The server admin of CoB also has multiple textures for some of his entities. 

You could take a look at the Medium animalcage for a quick example.

https://github.com/G3rste/animalcages/blob/main/resources/assets/animalcages/shapes/mediumanimalcage-closed-gui.json

Edited by Gerste
Forgot the link

5 hours ago, MadAlchemist said:

How did you heat up balloons in your mod? I don't see anything similar to burner. With torch?

Or they fly without any fuel?

I didn't get that far, although I had a design document of sorts.  I ended up dropping that mod and my halloween mod, and merged my other two into Primitive Survival.  That's the only mod I'm working on these days.

6 hours ago, MadAlchemist said:

Seems billion times better than my balloon model. Are you using VS Model Creator, or there is any program that has more features? Maybe Blockbench plugin? Because VS Model Creator is as terrible as awesome is the game, unless creating something small and simple...

P.S. Thanks for JSON's!

VS Model Creator, because that's what I'm most familiar with.  Save often!  Blockbench looks like it has potential for sure.
Your welcome!  Those models definitely need some TLC, I never really tidied them up.

11 minutes ago, Spear and Fang said:

I didn't get that far, although I had a design document of sorts.  I ended up dropping that mod and my halloween mod, and merged my other two into Primitive Survival.  That's the only mod I'm working on these days.

Vintage Story due to it's world size definitely needs some transport, and air balloons are perfect because:

1) They are very lore-friendly due to low tech requirements (even if filled with hydrogen instead of hot air);

2) They are not affected by forests, mountains and lakes;

3) They don't need any animations except movement ov whole balloon.

So I decided to create some aeronautics mod. Realistic mechanics are my top priority, I don't want to make lot of different aircrafts, just two air balloon types: hot air and hydrogen. Some planned features:

1) Balloons depend on wind direction. No motors, just liftoff when wind is right and land when not;

2) Balloon efficiency depends on temperature. If air outside is too warm, balloon needs more fuel to keep flying (probably not affects hydrogen balloons as warm hydrogen expands too);

3) Air dangers: hostile birds (if i will be able to make it look normal), hydrogen explosiveness, temporal storms affecting balloons;

4) Maybe, propellers - allows to control flight direction. Requires motor which requires lost tech stuff like rusty gears and temporal gears, and some exotic fuel.

5) When everything functional is ready - maybe more aircraft designs...

• Cookie time 3

On 12/23/2021 at 9:29 PM, MadAlchemist said:

359526124_.thumb.png.56ad8d6a5507b613e243fb82108e26db.png

My attempt to create a perfect-looking spheroid in VS model creator. Looks really good if using simple textures like linen. Bottom is sealed too, which is good for H2-filled balloon. Actually, copy-paste functionality in VS model creator is just "bad" and not "terribly bad".

Wow. Amazing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.