it is a bug, a mechanics or just coincidence?

Alessandro De Col

let me sum it up!  i start building my little house in the forest nearby a lake. I clear all the surronding to gather some woods but also to have a better visual of what can  attack me! so now i'm in a little flat land with grass and flowers but not tree (i mean yes there are trees but like 30-50 meters away). what i noticed is the follow:

-monsters and animal have stop to spawn in this area. I have to go deep inside the woods to meet someone, but  after i've started to put some light around, the monsters are back in PACK! (3/4 at the time all spawning togheter and close to each others!) sometimes they are on the top of my roof...and there are NO ladders or any kind of block that allow them to climb up there!

Also i can still ear them all day long...i thought maybe they are close to me but underground or somethig..but it is annoyng..

So i start wondering if the follow are just game bug, or maybe was intentional or if is just some strange coincidence.. (as titled)

-Are animal/monster spwan related of the presence of some block in the enviroment?  my excessive deforestation has compromised this mechanic? 

-Are monsters attracted by light sources?

-why monsters take sooo long to go away in the morning? Even with the sun is high in the sky, it took them like 2 hours to go away (even 4 if they sense me), and why can i still ear them all day long ? In some place better than other but still ALL day

5 hours ago, Alessandro De Col said:

-Are animal/monster spwan related of the presence of some block in the environment?  my excessive deforestation has compromised this mechanic? 

-Are monsters attracted by light sources?

-why monsters take sooo long to go away in the morning? Even with the sun is high in the sky, it took them like 2 hours to go away (even 4 if they sense me), and why can i still ear them all day long ? In some place better than other but still ALL day

- To the best of my knowledge, no.   They will spawn on any solid block. 

- again, to best of my knowledge, no.

- They don't die in sun like minecraft.  So it just takes them a long time to despawn.  But when it gets light drifters are supposed to at least move away from you, unless they're already targeting you.  As for persistent sounds, most likely they're in caves below you, or some tiny dark nook you built into your base.  I've had them appear in hollow areas of my build before.  Don't leave any 2-tall dark spaces in your build.

Archived