light overlays/ torch relighting

Ultimabunny4

we have monsters spawning in our base for some reason even though we do have oil lamps down but apparently not enough. like minecraft it would be nice to have a lighting overlay to be able see where needs to be light up so we can light those areas and not have mobs spawning inside. also if we could be able to relight the torchs some how would be great. thank you. 

There's a currently unused feature that allows you to specify what blocks mobs can't spawn on. I think I may make a mod that adds that feature to all non-terrain blocks. That way you can have wooden or cobblestone floors without light and mobs won't spawn on it.

6 hours ago, Stroam said:

There's a currently unused feature that allows you to specify what blocks mobs can't spawn on. I think I may make a mod that adds that feature to all non-terrain blocks. That way you can have wooden or cobblestone floors without light and mobs won't spawn on it.

That sounds like it could be a good idea.  It doesn't make sense that a monster can get inside your locked house while you are away while the doors are locked, just because you didn't leave the lights on.  I suppose that is a game balance thing though.  One downside to your idea is that it might keep monsters from spawning in ruins.

I think the best way to implement this would simply be to incorporate it into the claim system.  Claimed areas don't allow mob spawning by default, but can be toggled to allow it if you want.  This was a feature of townie in MC, and it works well.   Materials is ok, but can have knock-on problems.   For instance cobblestone?  Present in a lot of ruins.  So yo u prevent them spawning on cobble, they can't spawn in a lot of ruins.  Claimed area simplifies it greatly, imo.

Archived